PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Article Discussions

Old 09-29-2017, 12:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.67 MB
Hobby website :( Don't order from this site !!!

Shop THE COMET | Hobby.uk.com Hobbys

Has any one out there order anything for them..?? i think that I've been screwed on my order ! Yes i knew taking a big risk ordering over sea .. Their a hobby store in the UK here the problem I order the Comet roller coaster ho scale model .. after 3 e-mail i finely got a quote on the price , so i placed my order after they gave me 20% off the reg price with no shipping charge ..(RED flag )#! but i use my pay pal account to make the payment .. 2 weeks and 10 e-mail later there been no reply about a tracking number .. (Redflag ) #2 so today i tried calling the number posted on the Website .. But I've had no luck calling over sea / UK the number go's no way -I was told that i not able to reach that number with my cell phone etc.. so i try from a friends land line still not able to reach it from the USA :( if any one on this board that know this store and knows how i can reach them about what happen to my order (which this point felling i got screwed ) lessons learned :( Thanks
Google Adsense
Old 09-29-2017, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I cannot remember the last time I ordered from this firm, but it would have been in pre-internet days, way back in the 1960s. They have been in business serving the British Toy and model making fraternity since the 1940s, They actually advertised in the first Meccano Magazine, so I doubt that they are deliberately ripping you off. More likely that they are not too efficient at using this (For them) new-fangled internet thing internationally. As to the phone calls ... I assume you did remember to convert their quoted UK number into an international one? (Knock off the first 0 and replace it with +44).

You say you paid by PayPal. Did you get a receipt email from PayPal? Have PayPal charged your card yet? If not, your order has not been completed, and probably not received by Hobby's. You should immediately raise a dispute with PayPal. If nothing else this should get you a refund, but it may well get your order re-motivated.

If it will help, please send me all the details of your transaction so far by PM, and I will phone them from here on Monday.

'The Comet' looks like a great model, but at that price I strongly suspect that it ain't paper.

Last edited by JohnM; 09-29-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:04 PM

Well the good news is , when i got from work to day there was a pink notices from the post offices in the box .. So i drove down there . and there it was !! all the way from the UK there was different phone on the invoice .. So i did call just too let them i got it he was glad to heard that it made with no problems I did ask why no tracking number. he said that its not required out there !! i told i was worry after i e-mail with no reply there system so back up its mostly likely wasn't even seen ,, but he told that if i order anything i get 20% so the shipping will be free
So i will order the lighted Comet sign for my Coaster Which is nice ... all i have to do now is have the time to build it between working 2 jobs :(
Old 09-30-2017, 06:12 PM

No is not paper lol the price hurt but :( But you can't find the model anywhere - they were the only ones in stock that had it !! i found it on E bay a few weeks ago but it sold at $225 opened ! i pay $139 ($169)pay pal sealed mint and motor come with it !! that a plus ..