PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Article Discussions

Old 02-23-2021, 03:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 439.73 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrit View Post
I replaced my very frustrating HP printer with an Epson Work force WF-2650, printer and scanner. I've always used the manufacturer's inks as the reviews on other makers' seemed to be mixed plus friends' experiences were not very encouraging. It can be finicky at times but a little patience has gone a long way. It handles both 67lb and 100lb card with relative ease . My sympathies go out to all of those on the forum with printer problems and hope that problem resolution is not too far away.

Derek

I recently had an HP printer, which I had to exchange under warranty because it lasted a week. The second, the same as the previous one, lasted exactly the same. I have an HP brand 1990 HP DIN A0 plotter that still works perfectly. Times change and machines change, Always for the worse, beginning of the increase of the entropy of the universe
Old 02-23-2021, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
The Epson Workforce Pro WF-3720 I got during the period when printers were hard to get is reminding me of the Epsons I have had experience with in the past. Loud. Paper tray is finicky (though it handles 67# and 110# cardstock with ease so far). And quite the ink hog. Waiting on replacement cartridges right now. Already replacing cartridges in a little over a month, and the cartridges were XL. Spooky
Old 02-23-2021, 12:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I have an A3-printing Brother MFC-J5320JW at home. Before that I had an A3 printing HP deskjet. My Brother printer is wireless, has a slot in the back to feed A3 sheets (up to 280 grams, that's the thickest paper I checked), it has a built-in scanner and it has a A4-document feeder on top, so it is quite the machine. I switched from branded ink cartridges to non-specific ones a couple of years ago and well, they work. And good colours, too.

The online company that sells them even gives you a guarantee they will work. And well, they do.
I recenty had an issue with an XL black cartridge which fitted well into the printer's slot, but apparently wasn't meant for my type of printer. After a quick email ping-pong session they sent me a new replacing one, free of charge. And I also didn't have to return the wrong one (well it was opened anyway so how could I return it without making a mess of every post office in the country? (-; ) They even put in a little present ( a tiny bottle of wine) in the box as a consolation. Now that was nice.

I still want to replace my printer with an external ink reservoir system one day.

Last edited by Paper Kosmonaut; 02-23-2021 at 01:03 PM. Reason: I typed some more words and corrected a few, too.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:27 PM

Since November it has been hard to get printers in the States. I really wanted to get one of the Brother Inkvestment Tank Printers. They say they are currently unable to keep up with demand from when the factory was shut down due to Covid. I will be going back to Brother as soon as I can
Old 02-23-2021, 06:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 439.73 MB
I want to warn of one thing If you compare an original cartridge (very expensive) with a Chinese or white brand copy, you will see that the quality of the original (for example from a Brother) is infinitely higher. My old Brother (unrecoverable since there are no replacement heads, stuck the black color with a piece of acetate that prevents the ink from drying in the Chinese cartridge. Not even with ultrasound I could fix it. However, the price of the original ink is almost like that of coltan (or higher) In Spain, if you take a printer with non-original cartridges to an official Brother service, they will not pick it up for repair.
Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2021, 08:11 PM

Which is why I am looking at an Inkvestment Tank Printer. On cartridges, the biggest expense is in the electronics. On the tank printers, the electronics is in the tank, so the ink is quite a bit cheaper
Old 02-14-2023, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I've heard good things about the Brother Inkvestment Tank Printers too, so I can see why you're eager to get your hands on one. The fact that the factory shut down due to Covid is unfortunate, but it's not surprising given the impact the pandemic has had on supply chains.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTaylorx View Post
I've heard good things about the Brother Inkvestment Tank Printers too, so I can see why you're eager to get your hands on one. The fact that the factory shut down due to Covid is unfortunate, but it's not surprising given the impact the pandemic has had on supply chains.
In the meantime, have you considered using an app like Smart Engines OCR to scan your documents? It's a great tool that can convert scanned images of text into digital format that can be edited and searched. It might not be the same as having a physical printer, but it could be a helpful workaround until you're able to get a new one.td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}