PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Article Discussions

Old 07-17-2007, 09:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
...digital models?

Discussion thread for ...digital models?. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
Google Adsense
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 260.53 MB
Ok, if no one else is willing to start, so i try it

If you prefer printed models ore the digital ones is very individual, mostly philisophical.

I use both types. But i think, the digital models will increase in the future. For collectors, it is very common to collect the printed ones, because they mostly donīt build the models, they are satisfied by owning and looking at.If they are yellowed, it will only show theyre age. But if you want to build an old, yellowed model, you have only a chance by scanning, colour rework and printing, and so it is... a digital model.

If you have a digital model on your hard drive, age doesnīt matter. If you print it again in ten years, the colours will still be the same.

Next point are the costs for shipping. If you will sent a model from Canada or US to Europe (or the other direction), it is no problem that the postage will cost you more than the model.

Ok, printing isnīt for free, but a digital transfer doesnīt include the risk of a postman, who will press the envelope into your letter-box.

It also makes it easier to rescale, for example, and chosing the "wright" paper weight for printing them. I have some older ABC models here, but no chance to build them in original, because they are printed on 100g/qm paper.

I think, both versions will exist paralell, and which is the "better" one, who knows?

R
Old 07-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramatoto View Post
Ok, printing isnīt for free, but a digital transfer doesnīt include the risk of a postman, who will press the envelope into your letter-box.
The Hobby Factory stuff I just got came wrapped in thick carboard and wrapped in plastic, inside a bubble wrap envelope. They came in totally perfect condition - thanks Jason!

When I ordered stuff directly from Halinski a long time ago, they came with a thin cardboard back and wrapped in old newspapers and magazines.
Most hilarious packaging ever :D
Luckily, they survived too!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
I'm really prefer the digital models.

I know the art or the paper quality of printed models is high but I lives in the end of the world: Argentina, South America.

So , I prefer the faster delivery of digital models and I prefer to buy more models than pay for the shipping.

and and I'm always fearing to make a mistake with the model ... so I just can print another sheet :o

Regards
Alcides