PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Article Discussions

Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Articles - WIKI

For those of you interested in articles and have not checked it out......

This is really the papermodelers WIKI. Jason has asked me to head up this development.

Jason has gotten permission to use info from the old cardfaq.org. This will make getting the initial setup done in fairly short order.

I would like to handle this a little differently though. If anyone is interested in participating you are welcome to do so....

I would like to go through the old cardfaq a section at at time and find info that is still pertinent and put it into the articles here with a new logical structure.

I also want to create a section dedicated to tutorials. It was mentioned elsewhere about Carl's tutorials being brought here and if anyone has them with only info pertaining to the tutorial and all other posts etc stripped out so it reads more like a process than a thread (i.e its generic and does not relate to a given site) I would like to see those here.

I know Phil also had a nice tutorial about how he builds tiny and if I recall he had some great info on the techniques he was using on his Porter design. A couple of others would be the canopy theraforming techniques. I have everything I put into the reserves in both word and pdf format so those are good starts. If anyone wants to work on these please let me know.

Also please be sure to get permission from the original author before posting anything they may have created. I don't want to step on any toes.

let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Chris, I have the originals of the pictures still for the tutorials if that is any help. I didn't save any of the delightful prose however. I would be happy to see them reconstituted here so please take it as permission from me, if that means anything.

Carl
Old 07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Design Admin

It sure does carl. I have the threads in their entirety so if I (or someone else so motivated) can do it, I have the info....
Chris
Old 07-17-2007, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Chris, I've been very, very bad. I offered to help last time, but I just havn't had the time to do anything. If I was at school my end of term report would say ''must try harder next time''. Sorry.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
It sure does carl. I have the threads in their entirety so if I (or someone else so motivated) can do it, I have the info....
Chris
If you wanted to email me one of the tutorials in whatever format you have archived I'd be willing to try and assemble it into the articles section - not promising it'd be fast, but I'd give it a go.
Dan

PS. If you want me to try and help, PM me for the email address
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Design Admin

I do and will try to get ahold of you tomorrow - thanks!
Chris