PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Beaver Model Updates

This thread is several years old now, but I want to augment it with the improvements which I have made to the Beaver model.

The Beaver was the first model which I designed. Up until that point in my life I had made some repaints and a few changes which were published for Fiddlersgreen models. The reason for the flat, laminated struts is Chipīs standards.

When Guido published his Gippsland GA-8 Airvan model, my eyes were opened to using 3 dimensional, teardrop shaped, struts.

I finally figured out how to make a modification to the beaver model that will update all 30 of the liveries which we have available. I have made a supplemental sheet with float struts which are universal to all of the versions and coloured struts for all of the different liveries. The supplemental sheet is available for free here: Beaver Struts & Bulkhead
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 AM

Also included on the supplemental sheet is a bulkhead. I feel that the model builds fine without the bulkhead, but I had enough requests that I designed one. I used my ī-Jimtabī method that I used for the Otter model.

The model pictured in the previous post was built with the bulkhead. I have to admit that I do like the smooth seam that it makes.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Thanks, downloaded it and will use it too. Very nice supplement to a fine model.

Tappi
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 PM

I have a little egg on my face... when I posted the last pictures I did not realize that I had used the wrong float strut attachment points on the fuselage - the floats were mounted too far back. I have corrected that now and kit-bashed the boarding ladders.

Last edited by -Jim G; 02-16-2013 at 10:15 PM.