PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
ah well i am close to finishing i know it is not perfect this but that is the beauty of this hobby can have fun and the person it is been done for sure won't mind if it doesn't look perfect it be broken anyway fast enough That said i most likely will build a second with the things i have noticed on this build for haning from the roof. but all in good time.
Attached Thumbnails
B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0383.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Eternal Member

ok here she is the B52H finished, i know lots will build her and do far better than this, and I really do think when doing the engine it would be better to cut that radial out which is attached to the body of part 24 it be far easier to get it to be the shape to fit over part 23 and should look better. the table is 48 cm by 37 to give an idea of size and that in the last photo is a bottle of Nigerian guinness which has now found a new home in the belly of this person.
Attached Thumbnails
B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0384.jpg   B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0385.jpg   B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0386.jpg   B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0387.jpg   B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0388.jpg  

B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0389.jpg   B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0390.jpg   B52 H by our very own Gary.-gedc0391.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hey Martin... hope the lads got a pilots licence for her - damaging a BUFF is a federal offence Not long till she's finished my friend - and like you say, build her again for your ceiling, she'll be safe up there

Hey..... you posted the end result as i posted the one here. Not too bad for a rushed job mate, when you build her again you can iron out all the flaws and she will be better for it. Hope it lasts a day or two in small hands.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Hey Martin... hope the lads got a pilots licence for her - damaging a BUFF is a federal offence Not long till she's finished my friend - and like you say, build her again for your ceiling, she'll be safe up there
ah Peter did you post just a few seconds after i did i wonder how much of a time gap was there could not have been much since i got you to the post first.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Impressive.
That's a nice model of a great plane.

If I ever attempt it (I doubt it... in the short term) I'll remember to get back to this thread and read your suggestions.

And if you build her again , I'll surely follow you again.

Google Adsense
Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post

Hey..... you posted the end result as i posted the one here. Not too bad for a rushed job mate, when you build her again you can iron out all the flaws and she will be better for it. Hope it lasts a day or two in small hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormax View Post
ah Peter did you post just a few seconds after i did i wonder how much of a time gap was there could not have been much since i got you to the post first.
This could get confusing
Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
Impressive.
That's a nice model of a great plane.

If I ever attempt it (I doubt it... in the short term) I'll remember to get back to this thread and read your suggestions.

And if you build her again , I'll surely follow you again.

thanks Ruben, you will have fun doing it it had a lot more parts than you think it does and i think need a different order of buildI think really the nose section be good first and maybe the engines then do the formers and the wheel well parts it maybe better to glue them in place before gluing the body of the plane totally together and putting the formers in. be easier to get that done and it was kind of akward to get the wheel wells on the way i was trying to do it.

sure that is the idea of a build thread to tell people what you found out when building and to if you think of something that may work better to suggest it.

Yes peter There sure will be B52H build two. I may just if i do contiue it on this thead but maybe it be better to start a totally new one when i start it. be easier for people to follow that way
Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Nice to see Gary's BUFF put together. I'm working on repainting and doing a bit of surgery on the tail section (Kincheloe BUFFs I worked with, were in original configuration). It will be "Balls 28," which was the cause of a Broken Arrow incident I was involved with.

I'll keep the engine tip handy when I get to that point.

Sure is a beautiful aircraft, though. 8v)
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
great work it looks great
Old 02-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Eternal Member

thanks guys, despite the little errors i made it does look well. Gary does a good job on these models he designs they really look the part when built is what i have found with his.
Google Adsense