PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Pep3 and Pep4 can get a bit confusing can't they. I have both (actually all 4 'cos I use Designer 3 & 4 as well.) installed and selectable on the right click/ open with menu. WebDude's .pdo files are always gonna be Pep3 as they were designed long before Pep4 came on the scene, and sadly there will be no more coming.

I wonder if there are moves afoot to bring Pep3 compatibility into Pep4? It would make sense to me, but I'm only a keen builder, not a designer or programmer.

If anyone does come up with a paper version of DD's red plane to go with these I'll be very interested too.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.55 MB
Well, i'm running the gauntlet now, i tried 3 last night and it didn't work either, kept asking for a password, so now i'm wondering how to get just the viewer to work, sakin frakin riggin rakin,,thing,, it is crazy that it's the same program but can't accept it's own file formate, . soo, time spent trying to figure that is now going to be spent going thru my 100 or so disks to find the pdf copys, if i do, i'll let you know,,wweeee... (*J*)_;
Old 06-22-2017, 05:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
It has been a while since I downloaded the Pepakura program from their site but as I recall the Viewer is included in the download for the Designer so you have to go through the download to find the Viewer file and just use that. You can delete all of the stuff that goes with the Designer. The Viewer will be in its own folder in the Tamasoftware folder. If you try to open a pdo with the Designer it will ask for a password or key code to activate the Designer program. The Viewer is stand alone.

I too have the right click menu with both 3 and 4 as a choice to open a pdo in which ever is needed for a particular pdo file.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:41 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
If any pdo file is asking for a password, then you have opened it in Designer, not viewer, open the file in viewer, and there will be no request for password, and you can use the viewer to view and print the model.

All of Rick's Vulture Squadron models are in PDO, he was going to update them, add more visual details, and then release them as pdfs, but unfortunately this will no longer happen.
He had shown me screen shots of his modeling folders, there were many more Vulture Squadron aircraft coming, but real life took over

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-22-2017, 10:42 AM

Phoxgrimm9 ... You will need Pepakura Viewer v.3 to open WebDude's .pdo files. I don't think v.3 is still offered on the Pepakura site, but it is still available to download from here ...

Pepakura Viewer 3.0 Download (Free) - pepakura_viewer3.exe

Once you get the PDO open in Pep Viewer you should be able to print to PDF if so required.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:51 PM

You boys are right, i had my coffee, put on my glasses, then tried pd3 again and noticed when it prompted for pw it also asked to view in viewer, but, no option for pdf, when i tried the 4 or 5 printing options? and can only come up with either pnt or xps,.. i don't have a printer so i just save in pdf or jpg and go places to get them printed, .. i'll try playing with xps.. grimm gives you guys a 4 paws up for yur help, very much appreciated.. (*J*)_;
Old 06-24-2017, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
In order to print to pdf you will need a virtual printer like cutePDF Writer.
CutePDF Writer
When you install it it should be one of the choices in the drop down menu for printers when you go to print the pdo. It will print to pdf.

imcold also has a small program called PDO Tools that will print a pdo to pdf. Here is the page in the thread discussing the developement and use of PDO Tools. Page 8 post #77 has the announcement that pdf is now supported.
PDO tools and format discussion
Old 06-24-2017, 04:49 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
if you install foxit(a fan favorite) it comes with a pdf printer, and that gets installed when you install the software

selecting the foxit reader pdf printer will convert the pdo files to pdf, and you can then print them normally at a printer(office supply store, or Print shop, or even the library)
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-24-2017, 05:15 PM

Among the printer options in Pep.3 or 4 I can opt for Cute PDF writer ...

or MS Print to PDF ...

Cute PDF Writer is a free app that's been around for years ... .CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer

I'm not sure but I think MS Print to PDF might have appeared as part of Win 10. I don't remember actually installing it.

When you use either option, pay attention to the screen that asks you where you want to put the pdf. I usually steer it onto the desktop where I can find it, but this is not the path it will choose if you just click through. From the desktop you can then copy the pdf file to a memory stick, smart phone or even a CD to take to your printers.

Last edited by JohnM; 06-24-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:28 AM

ahhaha, now i have the picture, no printer so no pdf options, so i went with pdf creator, in half an hour i had all files in pdf, whew,, i'm just building the disney nautilus sub ( the 20 inch version )and trying to enlarge the latitude zero sub to the same scale, both cool looking machines,..Grimm thinks this is great,you get better help here than with most software you buy,.. another 4 paws up to you guys, thank you.. (*J*)_;
Google Adsense