Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter 1 View Post
Great lookin tripe Deckape :D

Chats, I agree about too many Red Barons. Why not do Werner Voss,

Voss: Triplane Color

My favorite WW1 pilot and was considered better than the baron anyway

G1

Getter
thank you for the reply on my Tripe, Years back when i first built this thing I was thinking about doing another paint scheme then Manfreids, but it never came to realization, I still have the plans to this one I prabaly will build another real soon in a different paint schedule thanks for the suggestion you got my attention,

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker Dr1 Tr- Plane-78-44.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 163.49 MB
Fab !
Great to here she still flies !
I was stupid enough to build this bird without dihedral and it wont fly at all !
As far as alternative colour schemes are concerned, The fiddlers green flying circus has many (The stripey `Voss` one is a favorite of mine) Unfortunately the struts on the FG `dreideckers` are inaccurate.
I`ve made one in card at 1/144th scale for the wings of war boardgame.
The red one is Revell snap together plastic kit.

Your Triplane is an absolute joy !
Thanks for sharing
Batesyboy
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker Dr1 Tr- Plane-double-tripple.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by batesyboy View Post
Fab !
Great to here she still flies !
I was stupid enough to build this bird without dihedral and it wont fly at all !
As far as alternative colour schemes are concerned, The fiddlers green flying circus has many (The stripey `Voss` one is a favorite of mine) Unfortunately the struts on the FG `dreideckers` are inaccurate.
I`ve made one in card at 1/144th scale for the wings of war boardgame.
The red one is Revell snap together plastic kit.

Your Triplane is an absolute joy !
Thanks for sharing
Batesyboy

Batesyboy
thank you for your reply, this ole girl still flies well all those years the 0.49 is a little to powerfull I have to throttle down useing the reed needle valve, once its throttled down she,ll take off and go around circles, with these tri planes you for free flight opperation you got to set the dihedral in all three wings if you dont you will run into troulble one big crack up and your hard work is a failure. Now that i have found in new model technology that there are mini servos and electric engine that will make a plane like this fly and even smaller, what will they think of next. I weas thinking about placeing in two mini servos and fly her two channel. thanks for your reply,

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker Dr1 Tr- Plane-78-44.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Let's remember that the original triplane had a rotary engine -- a giant gyroscope that affected how the plane flew and how the pilot controlled it. Rhinebeck-type replicas have radial engines, so the cowling can't cover the top half of the engine, as it did on the original -- not that I'd pass up the chance to visit Rhinebeck if I had the opportunity.

Deckape, let me add my own appreciation and respect for both your modelling skill and the huge range of your work. WRT the biplane picture, is that a dirigible hook on the top? If you've done the airship at the same scale, it must be a monster.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Google Adsense
Old 04-21-2011, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Let's remember that the original triplane had a rotary engine -- a giant gyroscope that affected how the plane flew and how the pilot controlled it. Rhinebeck-type replicas have radial engines, so the cowling can't cover the top half of the engine, as it did on the original -- not that I'd pass up the chance to visit Rhinebeck if I had the opportunity.

Deckape, let me add my own appreciation and respect for both your modelling skill and the huge range of your work. WRT the biplane picture, is that a dirigible hook on the top? If you've done the airship at the same scale, it must be a monster.
Ahoy Yale
Yes sir, On the F9C Sparrow Hawk on top of the wing is a trampeze type mechanisym that attachs to the airships undercradel. Durring the 1930,s the Navy was experimenting with all types of aviation. the era of the huge dirigibles was a mainstay in the 1930,s. these giant behemoths were huge they looked like a floating ocean liners. At that ime the navy knew that the airships had no way of deffending them selves in case of attack. so the Navy used these pesky pert Sparrow Hawks . most of the sparrow Hawks had no landing gear and some did, The Navy started the airship program right after the first world war. But by the end of the 1930,s around 1939 knowing that war was comeing and the destruction of the Akron, the airship program was stricken from the Naval register knowing that these airships were obsolet. So the hook on top of the wing of the sparrow hawk is where it attachs to the cradel on the airship thank you for your reply

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker Dr1 Tr- Plane-pict0001-9.jpg   Fokker Dr1 Tr- Plane-pict0004-5.jpg   Fokker Dr1 Tr- Plane-popeye2.jpg