PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-30-2011, 05:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
My Classic Bipelane collection

Ahoy
Been to busy flying my planes after being bogged down in a houise all winter time sun is shineing I went to the netro park and flew a couple of my airplanes. I will be posting another paper build here I am just trying to shake off restricted to he ship fever. I know that hese dont belong here on this wonderfull forum but i would like to share these, I will start the history I built these in the 1950,s I had these for years A lot of people have ask me how in the hell do you kep them in such mint condition for something that is older then most people on this here forum My answer is I box them up and forget about them this way they are away from the elements of time. these are old U Control planes these were americas first of the line kits that were offered in that era there were no plastic cox U control planes all that there was is wood. I bought these with my paper route money they cost $5.00 a piece they were powered woth 0.19 McCoy castro oil engines these engine would not last long they had no bearings on the shaft useing a combination of alchol and castro oil they worked fine until the day they crapped out and you had to buy another. The first picture is my 1957 Sterling SE5 Scout WW1 Fighter no engine is on the plane because I wore it out never got another engine so i boxed it up and forgot about it, this is the first time it saw sunshine scince 1958. The second picture is My Sterling 1957 Nieport 28 Captain Eddy rickenbackers famous WW1 fighter no engine in on this plane as well due to the same problem last flown 1960. the last picture is My Sterling 1980 PT-17 Stearman Crop Duster in her Splendered color of Chrome yellow a pretty plane in deed.I flew this today YES there is an engine there, It is a OS. Max 0.20 I put myself to the vergo test I passed I didn,t get a bit dizzy. With this new modern day engine she has more power then i last flew her, she does wingovers loops All the kids saw mw me burning corcles today they never seen anything like this before everything nowdays is radio control but old school flying still here to satay like rock and rll. After flying this thing today I feel like a kid all over again this was the best shot in the ash can I ever had.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0006.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0007.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0008.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0009.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0010.jpg  

My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0011.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0012.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0013.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0014.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0015.jpg  

My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0016.jpg   My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0017.jpg  
Old 04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Everything you have ever posted here is classic!! I pickled my Suzuki 1983 GS 750ES motorcycle 15 years ago and 2 years ago, I un-pickled her and am driving it regularly. It's amazing how many people stop me and ask about this bike. It's good to take care of treasures like this. I personally enjoy seeing these and think it fits right in.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy
Been to busy flying my planes after being bogged down in a houise all winter time sun is shineing I went to the netro park and flew a couple of my airplanes. I will be posting another paper build here I am just trying to shake off restricted to he ship fever. I know that hese dont belong here on this wonderfull forum but i would like to share these, I will start the history I built these in the 1950,s I had these for years A lot of people have ask me how in the hell do you kep them in such mint condition for something that is older then most people on this here forum My answer is I box them up and forget about them this way they are away from the elements of time. these are old U Control planes these were americas first of the line kits that were offered in that era there were no plastic cox U control planes all that there was is wood. I bought these with my paper route money they cost $5.00 a piece they were powered woth 0.19 McCoy castro oil engines these engine would not last long they had no bearings on the shaft useing a combination of alchol and castro oil they worked fine until the day they crapped out and you had to buy another. The first picture is my 1957 Sterling SE5 Scout WW1 Fighter no engine is on the plane because I wore it out never got another engine so i boxed it up and forgot about it, this is the first time it saw sunshine scince 1958. The second picture is My Sterling 1957 Nieport 28 Captain Eddy rickenbackers famous WW1 fighter no engine in on this plane as well due to the same problem last flown 1960. the last picture is My Sterling 1980 PT-17 Stearman Crop Duster in her Splendered color of Chrome yellow a pretty plane in deed.I flew this today YES there is an engine there, It is a OS. Max 0.20 I put myself to the vergo test I passed I didn,t get a bit dizzy. With this new modern day engine she has more power then i last flew her, she does wingovers loops All the kids saw mw me burning corcles today they never seen anything like this before everything nowdays is radio control but old school flying still here to satay like rock and rll. After flying this thing today I feel like a kid all over again this was the best shot in the ash can I ever had.

Boats
Ahoy I made a mistake on the year of my Steaman crop duster it is 1960 not 1980

Boats
Old 04-30-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Everything you have ever posted here is classic!! I pickled my Suzuki 1983 GS 750ES motorcycle 15 years ago and 2 years ago, I un-pickled her and am driving it regularly. It's amazing how many people stop me and ask about this bike. It's good to take care of treasures like this. I personally enjoy seeing these and think it fits right in.

Ahoy Zanthos
Thank you you are good friend indeed sir your absoloutl right when you take care of something it will last as long you will and it becomes part of you for generations to see and see what they missed. thanks Zanthos I am honered sir,

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
My Classic Bipelane collection-78-44.jpg  
Old 04-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
A great collection boats takes me back a lot of years.

Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
Well, mate, the very first wooden model I ever made was a Guillows Se5 (and imho still my best restult )
Old 04-30-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancooper View Post
Well, mate, the very first wooden model I ever made was a Guillows Se5 (and imho still my best restult )
Ahoy Dancooper
The guillow company has been around for anges to say the least thye get better all the time the expense of these kit are plike that ofplastic getting expensive all the time. there are a lot of the old kits that guillows dont make any more they only have a handfull pretty much up to date kits the SE5 was a fine kit I built one before for rubber power a very stable flyer she is.Now I find with the new stae of the art electronics these old little kits cam be built for radio control 4 channels. amazeing how they make technology to out advantage.Their popular kit is the Tri plane Foker DR1. made to be radio controlled on 4 channels. Sterling went out of buisness in the 1980,s they had a fire that ruined all of the stamping machines that diecutted all wood. the machines were ruined and never be rebuilt Rendering the company into bank rupcy,Now I find that yopu can purchase all of their kits through Ebay Thanks for the reply Boats
Attached Thumbnails
My Classic Bipelane collection-pict0017.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 04:55 PM

That is so true, it is indeed amazing how the weight of drive, receiver and controls of these days now are hardly a few gramms more than the old rubber power... I sure wish I still had the photocopies of the guillows parts and plans I made about 30 years ago, allas... they have probably been recycled to tissues many years ago :(

Well at least this is one major blessing of our modern digital technology, you scan something, upload it to the internet on several servers and, I'm sure in a few decades there will be some new kind of archeologists called "Digital Archeologists", or "Internet Archeologists", whom will be able to find those files back again
We will probably be fosilized dinosaurs even befor we die, lol :D
Old 05-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Wich reminds me of my childhood days when I was druling (nvm the spelling, I speak dutch) of the old Hegi catalogues, more specefickly the section on private planes (RC) and masted yaghts (RC)... I would give my right hand..... (errrm, no, ...hard to build a kit without my right hand, let's just say my right knee (busted anyway)) for one of those kits.
Mind you, I do have one of those vintage Hegi (wasn't that a daughter of Revell btw ?) kits in my stash, however not one that really interests me, it's the Police boat... the one that ...... ermm at that time of night my english isn't very good I'm afraid and the two bottles of wine don't help much I afraid), the one that doesn't sail in the water but above it
Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Deckape,

Those are goregous!!! :D Oh I blame you for the recent rash of stick and tissue builds I've been doing of late

G1
Google Adsense