PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Oddly enough, I vaguely remember a stealthy-looking helicopter flying over Redstone a few months ago ( I saw it from the interstate) . At first, I thought it was a Commanche, but the tail section looked wrong, so it could have very well been one of these.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I wouldn't doubt it. They released photos of the F 117 (10 years after it first flew) because so many people had seen it, it really wasn't secret anymore,which did not seem to stop it's capabilities one bit, except that the Chinese sent around 300 people to scour Serbia for any part they could find (Yours and mine Walmart dollars at work) and now have some of the pieces. Making the part from pieces is not necessarily enough though.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
I'll be interested to see what the thing looks like when photos are eventually made public. At first, I was inclined to believe maybe it was just a modification of the Blackhawk of some sort, with some add-on "stealth" features. But given that the burned-out airframe doesn't resemble what you'd expect to have left over from a Blackhawk consumed by fire, I'm thinking it is something new, perhaps using the Blackhawk's powerplant and general layout. The only real certainty is that this is probably not the only aircraft or asset they have that we know nothing about.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Composites can disintegrate really well, especially if the transmission housing is magnesium, like many are.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but am I to understand there is still no model of this designed (besides the 1/144 scale Dragon kit)?
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but am I to understand there is still no model of this designed (besides the 1/144 scale Dragon kit)?
That is rather irritating.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Hah, me reviving the thread, or that there still isn't a kit?

I know there aren't exactly any solid images yet though. Anyone know which might be the best?