PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy
Before I procede this kit has an option either you can build it with or without the intereir details provided in the kit. If the builder decides to build it without the interers the kit can be built anyway the builder choses.

Ok as to the construction of the radiomans compartment part 1 I cant stress it anymore then possible the starting point in the constructuion of this model if adding the details is you must start with part 1 follow the numeral sequence of construction if the builder takes it on his own not to a go ahead and start from part 13 then work aft he will run into trouble. Part 1 is the key of the alignment of the interier parts so please follow the numeral sequence. The interier part 1a has to be trimmed off on the front and rear sides to confincate the fittings of the formers parts G and F. 3/32snd have to be trimmed if not it will effect part 1 makeing it oversize and part 2 wont fit . the bottom of part 1a has to be trimmed to 3/16ths see the photo if you dont same for the front and rear sides will effect the whole fuselage structure. Here below is the layout of part 1 and 1a,

Next construction of the details parts and formers

Boats

Ahoy
construction continues on the radiomans compartment, Takeing my time on this one the photos below show the complete installation of the radiomans compartment part 1 ansd 1a and the interier detail, color touch up will be applied when the unit is completed, as to the construction of the interier componets nothing unusual here. Another word of caution keep your hands clean at all times the paper is not forgiveing when your hands are dirty it has to be a clean build smudges pick up easy if not carefull this will apply with all models in general, letting these parts dry for the night tommorow will be the completion of radiomans compartment part 1, Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0005.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0006.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0007.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0008.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Looking good Boat's, just remember not to push yourself to hard and over do it.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Looking good Boat's, just remember not to push yourself to hard and over do it.
Ditto, Phils right... don't get stressed out with doing too much Skipper !
Old 05-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Ditto, Phils right... don't get stressed out with doing too much Skipper !
Ahoy grandson peter
thank you from you both dont want to bore anyone with another repeat of an side by side B-17 build this buikd is different,so I am takeing my time giveing lot moew better build information then the last thread on this wonderfull bomber of the 8th Army Airforce thanks Phil and grandson peter. I should have some more update pix for the day i will build so much as a daily build until done,

Thanks Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-78-44.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-tn.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Your building report is great. Thanks for so much detail and comments!

This will surely benefit all the modelers when they have to face this plane

Google Adsense
Old 05-25-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
Your building report is great. Thanks for so much detail and comments!

This will surely benefit all the modelers when they have to face this plane

Ahoy Ruben
thank you sir, scince i know how to build this with plenty of trial and error i can now build this blind folded BUTTtt I wouldn,t recemend it, I will try to give the best of my knowledge informitive instructions for the future modler who wants to attack this kit. It will be a slow build I want it to be. so that it can be built and its instructions are clear.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-popeye2.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0012.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 12:42 PM

construction of part 2 and 2a

Ahoy
the radiomans compartment part 1 and 1a have been completed with the closeing of the skin part 1 along with completed radiomans interier parts and the two formers G and F the photos below will show you the finish product.

construction of part 2 and 2a

Next we will move on to the next fuselage assembly skin outer and interier parts 2 and 2a. same treatment has to be applied her like that of the interier skin part 1a, the photo below will show you how much to trim off to except the rear conector tab of part 1 and the former H. you will again you will have to trim off 3/32snd of the rea interier skin part 2a to conficate the former H, Next trim off 1/4th off of the front of interier skin 2a to except the rear conector tab of part 1. if you dont again you will run intoi trouble. any white areas that are seen can be colored in with water base Chromate green paint or pencil. Note in the kit there is a printed zinc chromate green sheet used for this porpose if you dont want to use paint or color pencis. same goes with the aluminum as well a good touch to the kit. Below are the photos of parts layout how they look when part 2a is trimed along with former H.
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0009.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0010.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0011.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0012.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the build advice, I am sure when it is realised I be tackling it myself. in the mean time i will just keep doing the other builds to get as good as can be at building and learn to be a bit more tidy with the glue.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 PM

Construction of parts 3 and 3a

Ahoy
Parts 2 and 2a along with former H completes this assembly unit.

construction of parts 3 and 3a

On parts 3 and 3a are treated the same way as parts 1 through 2a photos below will show you intheir assembly pattern, once interier skin part 3a is trimmed to fit glue this into the inside of ouite skin part 3, when glue has set glue the skin part 3 together and let dry after glue has dried glue in your former part I in place let dry. the waist gunners catwalk is cutted out on the sheet be certain to reinforce this peice to give it strength. use backing material or extra piece of cardstock. I used backing material. On former H on the back side cement the wait gunners cat walk againt the former H shown in the photo below. It works best this way then glueing it to former I and H and closeing in the skin part 3. cut a wedge part out of backing material and cement it on the bottom side of the floor and against former H this will assure reinforcement to the floor and it wont go no where. Note As you complete each fuselage assembly 1 through 13 test fit each fuselage unit to make certain if it fits well i test fit part 1 with part 2 and 3 all parts fit very well, be sure to burnish the bottom conector tabs to smooth out the seams another thing to i forgot to mention when cutting out parts be sure to cut behind the black line. doing this will eliminate the lines where parts are joined this was stressed when ron was inviteing his views on the construction of the side by side build and to me as well, anyone knew this kit better was Ron i learned alot from him on this build. the photos below will show on the instructions that i gave.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0013.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0014.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0015.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0016.jpg   Rons40,s memorial B-17 build-pict0017.jpg  

Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 AM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Total Downloaded: 0
I had never seen his face and his works, even once we had bad word to each other but I wish..... Ron 40 would be glad if he could know this, Boats!!!

RIP, Ron 40
Google Adsense