PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer

Ahoy
I just finished my Rons memorial build of the B-17 got her done time to go to something else I have this Geli kit here necer built the Geli kit to me you build one kit youve build them all. Looks like an enteresting kit to build but due tell. Here is a couple photos of the kit i will post more of them durring the build. i will give a in depth report of the build.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0014.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0015.jpg  
Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Wow! I always thought the Me-110 was a good looking plane and it seems from the second picture this will be a good looking model as well!

Geli? I've never heard of that publisher before! I'm guessing it's an old producer, oldest I've seen was MM kits :o
Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Fuselage construction

Ahoy
Ok started tyhe kit out with the cassembly of the fuselage like all card models are made. Starting with parts 1 through 4 are straight forward no fit issues were incountered.. this is the first Geli kit I ever constructed one thing about the kit i love the most is that the formers and spars are already backed without cutting out the parts and backing them useing backing material its all there like rague. although one disappointment there are no intereir details like pilots seat dial consol rudder pedals and so on.

Starting out with part 4 along with the two formers 4b and 4d were cutted out and assembled as shown on the photos. parts 3 through 1 will show the break down of the parts to their assemblies. Pat 1 the nose peice is nothing but a pesky petals, they were formed and glued letting this part dry over night and tommorow I will burnish it out from the inside, another treat I am not use to is the cardstock is all glossy which in turn make it easy for me Before i started the kit i gave it a shot of krylon clear spray and let dry before assembling. Here are the photos below tommorow will be the installation of parts 1 through 4 and then i willprceed aft.
Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0001.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0002.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0003.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0004.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0005.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0006.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0007.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0008.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0009.jpg  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Great choice Boats. I find something very satisfying in the feel of these - the Gelis are printed on a special kind of paper that has its own shine. This has two little tubs you fold up to form the drivers seats that you set into parts 4 and 5. But for detail, it is all up to your imagination - lots of scope for adding bits. Looking forward to this.

BTW - The Orange: The Gelis were printed from the 1950s until about 2000 in Austria. A limited range of Gelis are now back in production, at START FREI
Old 06-19-2011, 02:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello Boats, GELI-models have their own charme; 9 of 10 Austrian cardmodelers start and grew up with GELI ... With lovely greetings the Wilfried
Google Adsense
Old 06-19-2011, 08:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Nice to see another Geli!!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:00 PM

Fuselage construction parts 5 through 7

Ahoy
I would like to say to my fellow sailors Happy fathers day you all From me.

Ok the build continues I have layed out and constructed the fuselage skin and their foirmers on parts 5 through 7. once these assemblies have dried i burnished out the seam lines from the inside. when done i constructed the intire fuslage assembly as shown on the photos. Thse Geli kits are neat I like the shinny paper printing they used quite different then what I am use too. Papermate has corected me on the cockpit details I must have over looked them there are only two seat closers no dial consol joystick and other sundries, they are up to the builder but to inatall the parts 4e and 5c you have to open up the top of the fuselage where the slotted lines are. once opened you position the seat assemblies. this will be my next step. after this will proceed with the horizonal stabilizer and the two verticl rudders that reveals the 110,s image of a zerstroyer. Here below are the photos more comeing.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0011.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0012.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0014.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0015.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0016.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0017.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0018.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0019.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0020.jpg  
Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
All aboard Skipper. You certainly don't let the grass grow under your feet I have heard a lot about these Geli kits, and they certainly sound good to build. This aircraft is a firm favourite with many of us here, and pleased to see her in good hands. Look forward to more up-dates Grandad.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM

Thumbs up Thanks Fellas

Ahoy
thank you for your all warm replies on this build. not to hard of a kit to build nothing compared to the B-17. the kit is a dream to build once you get started its hard to put down. these Geli kits aren,t to bad at all had no idea that they been around for a long time. but i have a few more i will be building after this build. Thanks fellas for your replies I am honered.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-78-44.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0009.jpg  
Old 06-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Stabilizer assembly and installation

Ahoy
here is the update for the night I will save some work tommorow. as to the update cutted out and formed stabilizer assembly part 12 and the two verticle stabilizers rudder parts 13 and 13a along with two rudder formers parts 14 a 14b. the stabilizer has no spar so i went ahead and assembled it seems like it done really need the reiforcement i could have install the spar but it dont need to. the rudder have 2 spars the are attached to the inboard half of the rudder. Once the rudder halfs are glued together the par going through the inboard rudder will fit inside the stabilizer. The photos below will show how they are assembled no sweat.

Before I glued the rudders into the stabilizer I burnished out the slits that were on rudder to give it form instead of just flat. The I cemented same into the stabilizer. tommorow I will construct the wings On the fuselage I opened up the pilots and radiomans gunners compartment to except the two tubs parts 4e and 5c showm on the photos, they were in turned glued into position. this was done before I started on the stabilizer and rudders. I wish Geli could have added a litle more decoration on the plane like the two swatstikas on the rudders, But one has to be carefull nowdays a lot of people get effended with nazi emblems 5o years ago you can buy a old lidberg kit od the junkers Ju87 stuka and Me 262 they had then on the decals of models back then and noone complained. But we got to keep it kosher I might make my own I have plenty of clear decal paper I got to sleep on it tonight but thats down the road when the kit is finished. here are the photos for the night.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-78-44.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0001.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0002.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0003.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0004.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0005.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0006.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0007.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0008.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0009.jpg  

Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0010.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0011.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0012.jpg   Geli Messerschmitt 110 zestroyer-pict0013.jpg