PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy pahorace
thank you very much dear Sir for your reply, not much in life for this old man then to build and share my collections to all you wonderfull people. thank you very much for your kind reply.

Boats
Thank you, deckape, nice to see these models.
But not as you think!
People who love this hobby is like a guy who plays.
For this you will not ever grow old. It can live for 100 more years!
So I think we will still build many, many models like this.

Orazio
Old 07-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

pahorace got it absolutely right Skipper - building things keeps the mind sharp and fingers nimble..... you got many MANY years to build your delightful models, and you will be keeping us all entertained at the same time. Your build of the Zero is really nice, you are doing full justice to this excellent aircraft Grandad.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
pahorace got it absolutely right Skipper - building things keeps the mind sharp and fingers nimble..... you got many MANY years to build your delightful models, and you will be keeping us all entertained at the same time. Your build of the Zero is really nice, you are doing full justice to this excellent aircraft Grandad.
Ahoy Grandson Peter
Thank you for the reply on my Zero she is comeing along quite nucely not much to go i assumed i would milk this build like that of the P66 not much to the kit. It wont take long to finish up on thanks very much for your warm replies they keep me motivated.

Grand dad Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-a6m-7a.jpg  
Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Wing construction and installation

Ahoy
Here is the update for the night as to the the update i completed tyhe construction and installation of the wings. to the wing assemblies there are only three pieces that make up the wing. !.wing Spar 2. Left wing 3. right wing. no ribs. although this build isn,t like the last three i done everyone is familar with this type of construction pretty elementry to say th least. There were no fit issues to the wings the wingspar is all you need for the wings they beef up the wings so there are no warps. I am not use to seeing a clip wing Zero before this A6M3 type has the clip wings but it stillis a Zero. After the wings were attached and set aside to dry I cutted out the two wing fillets. Once the wings were dried after their installation i glued in the 2 wing fillets they complete the wing. I should have this bird done by tommorow all is left is the landing gear and props also the belly tank. there is no spinner for the proppeller. Also no nose cone and tail piece for the drop tank dont know wht GPM didn,t isse these three pieces in the kit I surmise they are made from wood no problem i alreadt chucked up a piece of dowel and turned my prop spinner same will be done for the drop tanks. So I have a little more work to do I should have her done, Below are the photos updates.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-pict0001.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0002.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0003.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0004.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0005.jpg  

GPM AM63 Zero-pict0006.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0007.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0008.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-a6m-7a.jpg  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a little guy in there waving back some day!! Very cool. I blinked for a week or so and fear I may have missed a dozen or so of your models!
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Oddly, despite lacking fuselage tanks of the same capacity as it's model 21 predecessor, the model 32 Hamp did not always receive droptanks or fittings for them, despite needing same. Consequently, it is often described as being "short-range" among the Zeke family.

Your work is exceptionally neat, Boats, I'm enjoying seeing the model evolve.
This is another fine build my friend.

Kind and Respectful Regards Boats, Uyraell.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:07 PM

Shes Done

Ahoy

Here is the last update just finished my Zero such a nice sunny day i took advantage of the 91 degree sun and took the finished pictures.

The Kit

This is the first GPM kit i every constructed not bad of a kit tjhere are some flaws in the kit that i did not approves of One for certain they gave you no propeller spiner you had to make your own I did just that i turned it on my lathe the drop tank they gave you had no nose cone and tail piece to make up the drop tank. I scuttled the kits and made my own. After doing some research on this Zero the 32 model didn,t use any they were used for fast support and get back to the base and fuel up and do it all over again they should have used drop tanks. The kit in general is very elementy compared to most kits like that of my previous built the Vultee P-66. the cockpit detail in kit was nothing but a pilots seat and the floore and dial consol I scuttled the kits and made my own made up a batch of jspanese interier blue for the cockpiy and undercarriage. the kit can be built by the novis without fuss not that hard of a kit. One thing i dont like about the kit is the clip wings I am not use to see the Zeke with clip wings looks like a Hellcat. but being the model 32 they ere advanced compared to the earlier models that were used durring the war. when finished its a Zero. My first mate ruthie wants on the coffee table so thats where is going to rest and collect dust. you got to keep mamam san happy.

My appreciations

Before I close this thread i would love to thank everyone and the ones who reploied to my tyhread for thei viewing and replies I am very geatfull to have such host of friends the best mankind could ask for. I thak you everyone Here is my Zero I must go to another build.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-pict0001.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0002.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0003.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0004.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0005.jpg  

GPM AM63 Zero-pict0006.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0007.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 02:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Congratluations Boats!
Your Hamp looks marvellous.
You've a fine set of skills my friend, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this build, your techniques, and the related pictures you've shown here.

Kind and Respectful regards Boats my friend, Uyraell.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Another fine build of a great aircraft Skipper - Top Dollar
Old 07-07-2011, 07:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Very nice Boats, I have this magazine buy in old GPM shop, I not try to build my 1/100 scanned version because this old kits not have good fitting. You build proved is a perfect replica.

Thank's for share...
Google Adsense