PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-02-2011, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
GPM AM63 Zero

Ahoy
Here is my next build I have 17 more builds comeing up back to back not atleast tuckered. this is the GPM AM63 Zero, this is the ladvanced version woth clipped wings of the A6m Zero. this is the successor to the type 21 Zero that had folding wings for shipboard storage. I will milk this kit i will add a lot of detail to the kit I am pretty familur with the zero. the kit is pretty detailed as to the kit itself so there is a lot of room for some added work I will add as I go through the build I,ll start this one tommorow sometime. Here is the previews of the kit.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-pict0008.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0009.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0010.jpg  

Last edited by rickstef; 07-04-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 07-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Fuselage construction

Ahoy
Another started build Starting with engine cowling is the beginning of construction of the fuselage like that of the vultee P-66 not much there in the kit but i will add details as i go along. The cowlong and engline construction is straight forward there are no engine parts just a printed former simulateing the engine itself. I might add a few thgings to spruce it up a little. there are 10 parts to make up the engine cowling skin Part 2 ist next I will post the updates as the fuselage is constructed here is the cowl.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-pict0001.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0002.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0003.jpg  
Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
nice going boats
Old 07-03-2011, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I have an odd feeling the Vultee P66 and the A6M3 are going to look like cousins, once they stand side by side.
You're off to a very nice start Boats, I'll be following this thread with interest.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
I have an odd feeling the Vultee P66 and the A6M3 are going to look like cousins, once they stand side by side.
You're off to a very nice start Boats, I'll be following this thread with interest.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

Ahoy Uyraell
thanks very kindly i appreciate the replies they keep me building. Next month i willstart a Big big build the GPM B-29 I got that kit the other day so i will savor it untill i get a few these other done. thanks very much i will keep you interested.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-galvanguard2web.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-78-44.jpg  
Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Another fine aircraft being built by our Skipper - Great start
Old 07-03-2011, 05:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Boats, sir, your builds always impress, and very build I learn a new skill or building tip.

Regarding the B29, I wish you every success. A build of something that size is literally a huge undertaking.
I'll be a while before venturing to something of that epic proportion.

I shall be reading and following up with great interest my friend.

Kind and Respectful Regards Boats sir, Uyraell.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Hey Boats,

The "History Detectives" on PBS just did a new story about the A6m and Pearl Harbor.

If you can see the episode it's very interesting. A person in the mid-west claimed that his dad brought back some airplane parts from Nihiiu island some 100 miles from Pearl Harbor. The were "supposed" to be parts of a zero shot down on 12/07/41.

I won't spoil the rest in case you have not seen it yet.

Jeff
Old 07-03-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubting Thomas View Post
Hey Boats,

The "History Detectives" on PBS just did a new story about the A6m and Pearl Harbor.

If you can see the episode it's very interesting. A person in the mid-west claimed that his dad brought back some airplane parts from Nihiiu island some 100 miles from Pearl Harbor. The were "supposed" to be parts of a zero shot down on 12/07/41.

I won't spoil the rest in case you have not seen it yet.

Jeff

Ahoy
thanks for the heads up on this i will look in to this and take a gander. there is a lot of history to the zeke, they were one heck of airplne for their day, they are thje only aircraft that can pull a split s and get behind your tail for a kill. I always loved the nimble zero. I,ll go ahead acheck this out, thanks for the info i am greatfull.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-78-44.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0002.jpg  
Old 07-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Fuselge construction

Ahoy
Here is the update for the night I will ave more work tommorow. As for the night i just completed the fuselage skins and letting the unit dry for the night. I will burnish same tommorow when dried. Next will be the cockpit detail that need to be detailed out the kit done give you any just a seat dial consol and joystick. As to the construction of the skins there are some fit issues most of them are the formers, they are a hint oversize. they in turn need to be trimmed. My rule of thuimb is better have them oversize then under. I love the stipple finish wioth willow green over aluminum typical for Japanes aircraft in the era.Other then the rest of the fit of the kit is pretty good no fuss at all.But i will spens some time on the cockpit and after that i will turn two the tail feathers. here are the updates for the night.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM AM63 Zero-pict0004.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0005.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0006.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0007.jpg   GPM AM63 Zero-pict0008.jpg  

GPM AM63 Zero-pict0009.jpg