PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Gpm aichi val

Ahoy
Just finished my Zero build now its time to build another here is another GPM kit. Here is the AICHI VAL Dive bomber in the color schemem used at Pear Harbor 1941. Below is a picture of the kit I will start on this this evening judgeing the kit it looks alot better the Zero so i will give it a whirle and see what i can do with this kit it looks like its going be a good build.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gpm aichi val-pict0008.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0009.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Am interesting choice, Boats my friend.
One little piece of trivia related to the Val. You may as well call her the oriental cousin of the He.70. Two of the same guys who designed the He.70 were hired by the Japanese to teach them stressed-skin design and construction. The Aichi Val is one of the three major Japanese aircraft resulting.

I wish you very success with your build Boats. This is another build I shall be following with great interest.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friend, Uyraell.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
Am interesting choice, Boats my friend.
One little piece of trivia related to the Val. You may as well call her the oriental cousin of the He.70. Two of the same guys who designed the He.70 were hired by the Japanese to teach them stressed-skin design and construction. The Aichi Val is one of the three major Japanese aircraft resulting.

I wish you very success with your build Boats. This is another build I shall be following with great interest.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friend, Uyraell.
Ahoy Uyraell
Thanks very much for your warm and kind replies I am honered. your exactley right about it being the oriental cousin to the HE-70 they almost look the same. this truely is going to be good build and very enteresting. Thank you very much Dear Sir, I am honered.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gpm aichi val-78-44.jpg   Gpm aichi val-a6m-7a.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 10:23 AM

fuselage Construction

Ahoy
The build begins, On the startof this build like that of my A6M Zero started with the engine cowling again the engine is a printed firewall with cylinders and no governor ring there are 7 cylinders that come with the kit they in turn suppose to be formed into a tube and cemented to the printed firewall. but i will make my own cylinders and install same. No fit problems to this kit this kit has a little more then the Zero. One thing for certain GPM did not get the color right on their printing like that of Flymodel card kits. the ship suppose to be either aluminum ot light gray in the kits case its aluminum. the aluminum finish is to dark nothing i can do about so I will have to live with it. I only wished it was dark green or light gray.the photos below will show you the progress i made from start next will be the pilots compartment and skin No.2 along with the formers.

Boats
Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Ahoy
For some reason it did not upload i will give this a try one more time to see whats happening this is th first time I ran into this problem This computor of mine has a mind all its own

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gpm aichi val-pict0010.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0011.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0012.jpg   Gpm aichi val-aichi-d3a-val-dive-bomber-01.jpg   Gpm aichi val-aichi-d3a-val-dive-bomber-02.jpg  

Old 07-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Thanks for your kind reply Boats, Dear Sir.

I see the build is coming along nicely, though I see too the colouring issue you point out.
I particularly like the way you are dealing with the cowling and cooling flaps, your method gives me much by way of information on how to manage such things.

Kind and Respectful regards my friend Boats, Uyraell.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:36 PM

Fuselage assembly

Ahoy
Here is the update for now more this evening I have all the fuselage skins and the interier installed i have more detail work on the interier. Next i will do some burnishing and get started on the tail feather. when the tail feathers are done i will back track on some cockpit detail. the fuselage skine 1 to 4 go on without any fit issues this kit is going together a lot better the my Zero. so here are the updates pictures of the fuselage will have more this evening.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gpm aichi val-pict0014.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0015.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0016.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0017.jpg   Gpm aichi val-aichi-d3a-val-dive-bomber-01.jpg  

Gpm aichi val-aichi-d3a-val-dive-bomber-02.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 PM

Rudder and stabilizer assembly and installation.

Ahoy

Here is the last update pictures fo the nigh i think i will save s moe work tommorow. As for the update pix, I constructed the rudder and stabilizer assemblies. On these assemblies there are no attaching tab that are usually on the trailing edges of the rudder ad stabilizers. I had tomake my own. I cutted out stabilizer and rudder parts preforemed thm toairfoil shape added the sparrs no ribs just spars the kit gives you two sprs one for the rudder and one fo stabilizer. Useing a hard cover book I had for years titled Eastwind Rain. this book compiles every Japanese aircraft constructed by Japan. there are five good pages on te publication reviewing th D3A Val. This i a god sent for me on this build. I also added some inspection panels on th fuselage sides and onthe bottom.

I would like to point out the printing of the color schedule of the kit it is to dark for aluminum color It can,t be helped so i will have to live with it. but ion overal its a Va Divebomber. So i will do my sundays best on her.

Tommorow I will complete te fuselage by adding the canopys exaust pipes engin detail. cockpit details tailwheel and aresting hook and machine gune on the after part of the canopy. so i wil hav my work cut out for me tommorow. As to the construction of the tail feathers there were no fit issues, a good plus for this kit. Here are the uypdate pictures.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gpm aichi val-pict0018.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0019.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0020.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0021.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0022.jpg  

Gpm aichi val-pict0023.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
permission to type/ speaks freely Mr.Deckape Sir!,..... Aaawesome build!! am making notes for my future build GPM kit. -Loui-
Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 AM

canopy placement and installation

Ahoy
Update for now is the canopy placement and its installation. The canopy comes in 5 sections the canopy can be assembled either in open or close postion. I elected the open position to reveal the the interiewr detail i will be adding to the cockpit. Useing packing tape works well witrh this type of canopy . No fit issues to the assembly of the canopy. Next update will be the engine and canopy details radio mast tail wheel and aresting hook and the fuselage will be finished. Here are the photos.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Gpm aichi val-pict0023.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0024.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0025.jpg   Gpm aichi val-pict0026.jpg   Gpm aichi val-aichi-d3a-val-dive-bomber-01.jpg  

Gpm aichi val-aichi-d3a-val-dive-bomber-02.jpg