PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-06-2011, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
The build begins

Ahoy
I have no luck on the assembly instructions of my wellington. on the back side of the front cover there are external parts that are numbered for their location I been reviewing the kit for 9 hours stright i think I it figured out in how to build the numerical order will lead in the construction. there is a website I visited all in polish i amagine or perhaps german. A modler on that forum posted complete pictures of his built Wellington I can follow his build as visual construction. So here it goes i will post an update tonight on the progress.

Boats
Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 PM

Fuselage assembly

Ahoy
the wellington build has just begun so far i had no problems with the kit I,m building it in numerical order with help of Phill,s late Uncle Walter, his eyes and hands are guideing me on the build I am building this kit blind. so far I understand the kit the kit has a complete cockpit intereir anlong with the bomb bay. I started with skin No. 1 and the formers 1 and 1a, no conector strips like I used on the Hudson and Electra. the formers have been filed down mirror edge to each other i test fitted the ajacent skins to check AS okay. Next skin part @ along with formers 2a and 2b former 2b is the enterier bulkhead former i cutted out the pilots entrance on the former shown on the photos. last the skin part No.3 and formers 3a and 3b former 3a remains a full former that is exact like the former 2b filed mirror edge. Former 3b is cutted away at the botton this is where the beginiong of the bomb bay door starts 3c up to 5c is the bomb bay floor sub structure this is where the printed bomb bay well are glued to.I am letting this dry for the night. tommorow evening I will return to the wellington build in the daytime i will work on my electra until finished and i will use all my time on the wellington build. so far the kits is building itself. this is a huge model. here are the update photos of the build.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0011.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0012.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0013.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0014.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0015.jpg  

GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0016.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0017.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0018.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0019.jpg  
Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Thumbs up Fuselage assembly

Ahoy
Here is the update fpr now I will post one more before I knock off for the night. All of the fuselage skins and formers have been glued together and attached to the fuselage I have one more unit to attach to the fuselage. then I will give it a good burnishing aplly 68 coats of 50 50 areo gloss dope. and let dry for the night. so far rthe fuselage assembly is going together very smooth no fit problems as of yet perhaps later on i might run in to a couple, no sweat the nature of card models. this is a big plane fuse lage length is 3ft long the wingspan 45 inch,s long. I prabaly hang this one up in our bedroom.Phil,s Uncle walter is watching over me on this for no instructions the build is moveing along. Here are the update pictures for now I will post one more before I retire for the night,

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0001.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0002.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0003.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0004.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0005.jpg  

GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0006.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0007.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0008.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0009.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0010.jpg  

Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 PM

fuselage Skins finished

Ahoy
Here is the lat update for the night i just got done shooting on 4 coats of Dope I need to shoot 4 more tommorow. all of the skins that make up the construction of the wellingtons fueslage is completed tommorow. The cockpit details will be next along with the canopy so far Iknow how to build the cockpit details everything else I am going to have to sit down figure out what parts goes where. Like I said fellas I am building this blind, I,ll need Phil,s uncle walter to show me the way He,s prabaly still in the halifax bomber in the radio compartment. Here are the last update pix for the night more tommorow.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0011.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0012.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0013.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0014.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0015.jpg  

Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM

Rudder and stabilizer assembly

Ahoy
Here is the update for now I will post one more then i will knock off for the night. Starting to look like a wellington bomber. Phil,s uncle Walter is looking after me on the build I have the whole intire kit figured out now the picture instructions sure would be iceing on the cake but i am moveing along without them For the rudder and stabilzer there are one spar and 1 rib and a trim tab conectore strip for the tips of the rudder and stabilizer to glue on to. The spars and ribs are made again from balsa. this truely is a big plane. another feature on this kit i just discovered after looking at for a whaile i was staring at the detail parts sheet I saw two small faces I thought i was seeing things the kit comes with two figures can be 1 pilot and 1 gunner. also a bonus a bomb cart with a load of bombs . this kit will keep me busy for a while. so far there are no problems with the fit of parts. The formers were right on no trimming. what a relief for me. Here are the update pictures for now i will post one more and then i will knock off and save more work tomoorow.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0005.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0006.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0007.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0008.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0009.jpg  

Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Stabilizer assembly completed

Ahoy
Here is the last update for the night, Just finished the starboard stabilizer assembly. Letting the fuslelage unit dry for the night , tommorow before i proceed any further the tail feathers need to be burnished waiting for the glue to cure first, when dry I will burnish same. when done i will give the fuselage and tailfeathers several coats of areo gloss dope. Next assembly will be the the nose and aft turret along with the cockpit details here is the update for the night,

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0011.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0012.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0013.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 11:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.95 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy
Here is the last update for the night, Just finished the starboard stabilizer assembly. Letting the fuslelage unit dry for the night , tommorow before i proceed any further the tail feathers need to be burnished waiting for the glue to cure first, when dry I will burnish same. when done i will give the fuselage and tailfeathers several coats of areo gloss dope. Next assembly will be the the nose and aft turret along with the cockpit details here is the update for the night,

Boats
You're just the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 PM

front turret and canopy assembly

Ahoy
here are the updates for the day I havent got much done, but she is starting to look like a wellington. After i burnished the fuselage and tail feathers out, the assembly of the turrest and canopy, the canopy and all turrets also the astro dome are printed with blue shade to simulate glass. was cutted out before I cutted out vthe turret and canopy i apllied packing tape the stuff works well for simulated glass. Astro dome i will make a wooden plug and vacurform it. the rest of the glazeings get packing tape. For building in the blind the kit is building itself only soloution to build this kit is that you got to study the parts sheets and get a good understanding in how this kit is constructed. The turret consist of 7 parts the canopy is 3 parts. the canopy is dry fitted on the fuselage and before i close the canopy i have to mount my pilot. Here you will see my pilot under construction, I also added cockpit detail pilots seat dial consol radio box,s yoke and intereir of the canopy. tommorow i will proceed with the tail turret and add the tail wheel assembly. here are the update pictures.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0001.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0002.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0003.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0004.jpg  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Looking amazing Boat's,I'm actually on vacation on your side of the pond at the moment so can't look in as often as I'd like but it seems Walter's keeping you on track.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
it is looking good, the ridges like graphic on the fuselage look really good, i was wondering what kind of graphic they would have for that when you said you were doing this and dreading that they had it will all them ridges to bend in and out when you said instructions missing that is what i thought of first oh dear the instructions how to get them ridges in and our would drive me nuts.
Google Adsense