PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-10-2011, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
Coming along very nicely there Boats, the corrugations in the fuselage look just right.

"Instructions? We don't need no steeenking instructions!"
Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Looking very nice thus far Skipper
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
You ride fast on! And with great quality, congratulations ..
Old 08-13-2011, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Canopy and pilot completed

Ahoy
The build has resumed, I now have picture instructions. A special thanks to Vamy for his kindness in sending me a copy of the instructions to the Wellington I can now see instead of working blind. As to the fuselage assembly I havent left nothginbg out everything I did to build the fuselage is corect according to the plans. But now with instructions i can see whre the parts go now I M HAPPY HAPPY thank you Vamy.

Ok I finished the pilot and installed him to the cockpit so he can mind his own buisness in flying the wimp. There are 16 parts t0 the pilot he will keep you busy for a couple good hours. I installed the front windscreen to the canopy now is time to make the football intenia and proceed with tail gunner charlie. and tail wheel assembly. Here is a couple pix I will post more tonight.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0001.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0002.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 11:28 AM

Fuselage assembly finished

Ahoy
Scince i have the instructions now i can move forward without delay. As of now i just finished constructing the rear tailgunner charlies office. All is left on the fuselage is the bomb bay doors then i will proceed with the large wings. so far there is no fit issues with this kit. what a break from the Hudson and the model L14.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0003.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0004.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0005.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 PM

bomb bay doors and bombs

Ahoy
Here is the last update for the day i am letting her dry for the night I just shot on 5 coats of 50 50 Areo Gloss dope. I will save some work tommorow for the day I went to the sailboat races at my regional club i belong to a swell bunch of fellows. didn,t get much done today if it wansn,t for sailing today i would have had the wings on tonight. But that will waite intil tommorow. Ok guys heres the upshot, the kit gives you 4 bomb bay doors and 8 bombs. Selection must be made either have the bombs in the bomb bay or the bomb cart the kit provides you with, I chose both I constructed 6 bombs and installed same in the bomb bay the other 2 bombs I will have them mounted on the bomb cart. I also gave my self a bonus. I had sense enought to save the bomb sheets that came with my Gomix flymodel Lancaster. So I will have a lot of bombs. tommorows plans is to get the wings constructed and installed. as to the assemblies thgis is a good kit its huge all parts fit very well a breez compared to my L14 and Hudson bomber. Here are the piz.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0006.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0007.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0008.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM

Wing construction and installation

Ahoy
Still at it by this evening i should have the intire wing assembly finished. As for the wings nothing unusual here the wings come in two sections pretty traditional for large 1/33 scale bombers. you get right and left outboard and inboard wing panels. there are two wing spars per wing the outer and inner wing spar aere butted together and secured with glued butt strips. theree are two wing ribs per wing outboard wingtip rib and the wingroot rib. again instead of useing backing material for the ribs and spars I used hard 3/32snd balsa instead it will need it old wimp has a heavy wing loading so dont be bashfull in useing balsa instead of backing material. to say the least its a Wellington bomber they are worth their weight and gold. In the pictures the wing is folded together with the spars glued into popsition inside the wing on the fuselage part 20 is the center wing spar. the wingroot rib is cutted in half at the dotted lines the spar passes throught in between the slotted rib. there is a but plate glued on both side of the wing spar so that the center wing spar part 20 will slide through and lock in the wing to the fuselage..so far in the assembly there are no fit issues a good kit the best one so far by GPM. I,m getting the RAF bomber bug I might build another gomix flymodel Lancaster bomber after this one. Here are the pictures of the port wing installation.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0009.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0010.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0011.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0012.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0013.jpg  

GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0014.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0015.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cor blimey! Looking gooooood, Boats.

My galleries
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM

Wings finished

Ahoy
Here is the last update of the night knocking off now, letter her i will save more work tommorow. as of the last update i constructed and installed the starboard wing assembly..I used 20 minute epoxie to adhere the wings to the fuselage. when the epoxie dries the structure will be rock hard and it says the wings are going nowhere Tomoorows work schedule will be burnishing the wings and start up on the engine nacelles. I also gave the ship 3 more coats of 50 50 Areo gloss dope she is looking so shiney i can shave off her without looking in a mirror. here are the updates.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0016.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0017.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0018.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0019.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0020.jpg  

Old 08-16-2011, 03:09 PM

Starboard engine nacelle assembly

Ahoy
Still at it Here is the update for now I will complete the engine nascelles this evening the next posting will reveal the completed engine assemblies. there are 27 parts to each engine nacelle. when assembling the engine nacelles you have to decide if your going to cut out the undercarriage doors from the nacelles or just leave well enough alone and make homade undercarriage doors. With the printed detail on the bottom wing where the placement of the under engine nacelle is located is printed out in a great dealk of pipeing and tubeing of electrical wires so you may want to save this detail and just cut out the undercarraiage doors. theree are formers 33 pa and pl also two other formers 35 pa 36 pa leave these formers out because its a waste of time in glueing them in and end up tearing them out to make room for the opening of the undercarriage wells. use butt strips to join the bottom nacelles the rest of the nacelles proceed as you would by adding the formers. A little trimming is needed to make certain the botoom nacelles attachs to the wing properly. It is best to attach the bottom section of the engine nacelles first then lastly you cement the engine nacelles tops parts 33 l and P along with their formers 33lp and ap 34 la 34 lp. Before I turned to on the engine nacelles I rubbed the wing down with a straight edge metal ruler to keep the wings straight on the trailing edge so far they are straight. One thig for certain the wellington is to large to take better pictures then what i,m showing here so bare with me i might have to take it outside. no fit problems with the engine nacelles assemblies. Here are the updates for now more this evening.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0021.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0022.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0023.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0024.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0025.jpg  

GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0026.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0027.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0028.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0029.jpg   GPM Vickers Wellington bomber 1/33-pict0030.jpg