PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale

Ahoy
While waiteing for my beta build I will post this again not to impure on my beloved forum and faithfull crew members, I,ll post this I had this one scince 1973. It started out as a Combat Vacuform kit, A shell of a kit nothing more then a airframe and its up to the builder to scrach from there. I Scratched the intire kit useing paper cardstock sheet plastic aluminum coke cans, the kit sums up to half vacuform and the rest scrached built this was a diffficult challenge for me it took me 8 years to build this thing I had one hell of a head putting all those parts on made from my knuckledragging hands. I had it in display at the IMPS exibit it was sitting there for 5 years we had a model change out the other day so I brought this back home. scince I am waiteing for my Big beta build to arrive by pony express I,ll post this along with my mosquito bomber. The pesky pilot fits the model he is a Naval aviator and this is where he really belongs.the plans I used to build the Turkey is builders plans I obtained throught the Wright Patterson airforce Base Research Department. You have to make a appointment to visit they have everything a modlers delight you need refference material they got it plus the real machines that are exibits for millians of folks all around the world to marvel at. Here is the flying turkey.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0001.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0002.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0003.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0004.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0005.jpg  

TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0006.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0007.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0008.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0009.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0010.jpg  

Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
good god,that is awsome work.thanks for the photos.doug
Old 08-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Boats, a master builder is a master builder, whatever the medium. I can't wait to see what you do with my Colorado. Amazing work, shipmate.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I remember those Combat Models, knew the maker, too. He died a bit over a decade ago. Non-plastic modelers will not be able to appreciate the amount of work you had to put in to get a "model." CM gave you a shell and nothing more.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello Boats,

I have veneration for the power you start one project after each other ... I think the older we both get how faster we built ...

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Google Adsense
Old 08-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Bristol Beaufighter 1/32 scale

Ahoy
First thanks fellas for your kind and always replies to my builds there is no grand standing here I just love to share my builds of now and the past. Just to kill time I wont clogg up the forum with these here builds that are not classified as paper models .So I will attach this old relic with the TBF all in one posting. This is a common kit you can buy anywhere not certain if it still is in production prabaly not most kits today they only make so many and go to something else. I bought this at the PX at Subic Bay in the Phillipines durring my liberty call to shore. State side this kit retailed at $1.98 I got it for $.75 cents this is an old Revell 1/32 scale Bristol Beaufighter . Nothing to this build like most of the others. I got this kit in 1969 when it was first released it came in black plastic for the night version display. I didn,t care to much in the paint schedule of black. I read a copy of model airplane news they had a Beaufighter painted in the north African campaign. I like the camo paint schedule it sure beats all black so I chose to paint it that color. there is pesky the pilot he must have went awol from the TBF HMmmmmmmmmmmmmm some Naval Aviator he is. A ham for pictures LOLllllllllll Here is the Beaufighter.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0011.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0012.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0013.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0014.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0015.jpg  

TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0016.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0017.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0018.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0020.jpg   TBF Avenger Torpedo Bomber 1/32 scale-pict0021.jpg  

Old 08-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Excellent work as ever, Boats. I particularly like the Beau. An aircraft somewhat ignored compared to it's more famous sisters of the period but a fine looking machine in my view.

My galleries
Old 08-21-2011, 04:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
how those are impressive
Old 08-21-2011, 05:28 AM

nice!

Old 08-21-2011, 04:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
I remember those Combat Models, knew the maker, too. He died a bit over a decade ago. Non-plastic modelers will not be able to appreciate the amount of work you had to put in to get a "model." CM gave you a shell and nothing more.
Think it was actually in the early 2000s as I bought his F-105 off him direct at the end of 2001 (just in time for Trumpeter to releases its 1/32 series!!) but never mind, most of the Combat range are still available via Robert Combat Models, some with resin/metal detail parts, plus others like Jerry Rutman also do resin detail sets for some of the Combat range...there are still some subjects in the range that are not available elsewhere or in any media e.g. the 1/48 Bv-238...
Google Adsense