PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Firstly, thank you for all the information guys, really is a great help.
I have been doing some research and found a great deal of information for the Boeing B-707. On my search, i discovered a disaster which happened in 1966.
Here is what i found:

Aircraft : Boeing B-707-436
B.O.A.C Flight 911 {Speedbird 911} Piloted by Bernard Dobson {Dorset - U.K}
Aircraft Tail Number : G-APFE
Crew Members Total : 11
P.O.B {Passengers On Board} Total : 113

Flight Plan for the 5th day of March 1966 was as follows:

Departs - San Francisco International Airport
1st Stop over at - Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii
2nd Stop over at - Itazuke Airbase, Fukuoka, Japan
3rd and final Stop over at - Haneda International Airport, Tokyo, Japan

The final stage would have been from Haneda International Airport to Kai Tak International Airport, Hong Kong
The aircraft flew over the moutainous terrain and the City of Gotemba was along this flight path. The aircraft came up against some Severe turbulence, and was said by the ACI team, more turbulence than this aircraft was designed for {well over it's limits, it was said} There wasn't a CVR on this aircraft {Cockpit Voice Recorder} so no conversations could be used for details. The FDR {Flight Data Recoder} was destroyed. All passengers
and crew were lost in this tragedy. I was looking for more detail on this aircraft, and it took me aback i must say, when i found all the above information out. It started me on to thinking that perhaps if i get the permission to re-paint Bob's model, that perhaps i should do this ill fated one - In Memory of all the lives lost. Also the question in my head...
What is it with this number 911 ? A flight number that became a Tragedy - A date of a huge tragic event, and for the services you have to dial it ! Is this all just coincidental ?, or does it hold something more sinister ? Your thoughts on this and my idea for the re-paint please.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 707-class2gapfe.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 08:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
WOW! A lot of great work! Thank you very much for sharing!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Forum Helper

Here's the front section of the model thus far. I have had to use cheap cardstock {hard times } trouble with doing this, you really do realise you only get what you pay for ! For one, it doesn't hold the ink properly, and two.... the glue on formers sometimes starts to appear on the surface of the card with a brownish tinge to it. When i do a build of the re-paint version, i will have to get my usual card stock. Things are going well, the sections fit together like a dream. I have left the nose piece off till the end, just in case she needs weight, although, the main undercarriage is over the centre and leading aft - shouldn't be any issue. There are plenty of formers with this design - all backed up on 2mm card for good stability with the fuselage skins. I have managed to get quite a lot made, i only got the one shot with the fault on camera - but will try to get you guys more piccys soon. This model is very well designed, and a pleasure to build thus far. So one picture to see {sorry} but to make up for that, a nice video of the GOOD days "B.O.A.C" Vickers VC-10 and the Boeing 707 look beautiful in this livery...Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 707-dsc05906.jpg  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.44 MB
Send a message via AIM to Cybermac Send a message via MSN to Cybermac

Looks very good Peter!

That movie is also nice, brings back the climate of 1960's like in old James Bond movies with Sean Connery
Old 09-03-2011, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Peter, Thanks for the vid link. Looks like your 707 is comming along nicely. Brings back some memories of my first trip to Europe on a TWA transcontinental 707. Comfy seats, good leg room, good food . The TWA had a lounge section portside aft with bench seating for , if i can remember, 4 or 5. The drinks were flowing back there even if was a MAC flight !!!
Google Adsense
Old 09-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Forum Helper

Me very happy..... look what news i just got

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Bob Bendorf <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Peter,
I just got an email from Robert Tauxe informing me that you would like to repaint my version of the 707 in BOAC livery....you have my total OK to do this! You can use the website Bob Bendorf's Paper Models to download the Pan Am templates for repaint. If you need any other help let me know. Cheers, Bob Bendor

I have sent an email to Bob thanking him for allowing me to do this re-paint I would also like to thank Robert for getting in touch with him - this has been a great help. So after the original model is finished {not be long now} i will start on the re-paint. No idea for the time scale, but a bit at a time is all i can do.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh View Post
Peter, Thanks for the vid link. Looks like your 707 is comming along nicely. Brings back some memories of my first trip to Europe on a TWA transcontinental 707. Comfy seats, good leg room, good food . The TWA had a lounge section portside aft with bench seating for , if i can remember, 4 or 5. The drinks were flowing back there even if was a MAC flight !!!
Thanks Gregh. Yes the video is a real Memory grabber, i watched it several times to soak it all in. Glad you like the model thus far, she's nearly finished - so, camera willing - i will have some final shots of her very VERY soon ! Stay tuned
Old 09-04-2011, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 469.82 MB
I also look forward to your repaint and will follow this thread with interest.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Don Boose supplied a recent email address for Bob B, and that was key. Thanks Don! Glad to see this repaint off and running. It will be fun to watch. Cheers,
Old 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Pete...you know me, I never nitpick, but....

[shut up]

your posted reply says you have permission to do a repaint
(which you didn't really need...for personal use)
but it doesn't actually say you have permission to share that repaint.
(And I assume thats what you plan to do?)

...or is there more to your email?
Google Adsense