PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-28-2011, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Modelarz 1/33 KATE

Hello
I got this on off of ebay and built it without a build report doing 6 card model at a time I should have a couple more maybe next week or so. I got into trouble with the law spent two days in the brigg for jap slapping this guy who sold me 150 bootleg pirated kits, he wouldn,t give me back my dough so old boats got a tad upset at him I got my money back and gave all those kits to him I knew they looked funny when i got them the color of the kits were awful. I found out from a member here on the forum it was a pirated kit.

Ok back to the model. This truely is a great kit I enjoyed it a much newer desogn then the other modelarz kits I won the ebay bid I got it for $5.00 here are the pix.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0001.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0002.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0003.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0004.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0005.jpg  

Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0006.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0007.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-pict0008.jpg  
Old 11-28-2011, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.33 MB
Well built. Gives me something to aspire to. Thank you.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:55 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Cycl0ne View Post
Well built. Gives me something to aspire to. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply on the Kate this is the last card kit I have I got this one on ebay, Looks like ebay is good pl;ace to buy card models not to many fellas out there bidding on them, mostly plastic like my Black widow I just posted. I be on ebay tonite and see if any more kits arise so i can start building card I miss the card kits to keep me from goiung bughouse I have to contend to plastic. thanks for your reply.

Boats
Old 11-29-2011, 04:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Another nice build there Boats. Gotta be careful handing out retribution to the evil doers, don't leave no marks or have any witnesses.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Yup, looks pretty good from here Boats. I agree w/Jay, can't leave no marks, and you can't no leave survivors, their witnesses. Gotta be careful out there!!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Thumbs up

Ahoy
Thanks for the reply on the KATE you fellas are right, I shouldn,t have done what I did this is the first time I got into a punch in decades This not my style fellaws This guy got a tad smart with me and insisted he got these off his late father. I should have known bettwr in the first place the give away the kits showed were that most kits have directions and instructions on back of each other they were seperate sheets. I got my money back and lesson learned. They dropped the domestic vilolence charge on me because I had a clean record and being a navy vet for 30 years, thats what saved my bacon. any way fellas its over with I will never do that again, like themost of us the way we were brought up in life like my dad preached to me when i got older he said two things in life you dont do 1. dont take #%$%^%^ and dont give @#$%^&* any way fellas Boats learned a lesson an old fart in the wind like has no buisness getting into conflict. Thanks Men for all your replies on my KATE.

Boats
Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hey Grandad, you did a great Job as always. Sorry that you got into some bother, but things like this make us all do things we wouldn't normally do - it's just being human. Glad you got the money back, and that you are o.k.... i bet you were more worried about what Ruthie would say than spending time in the slammer. It's all done and dusted now - good to see you back with us
Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Nice build. I built this kit a few years ago and it was really top-notch. The fit, finish, and details were all spot-on.

And the model has attracted lots of oohs and aahhs at IPMS meets and other events.
Attached Thumbnails
Modelarz 1/33 KATE-sakrison-kate01.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-sakrison-kate02.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-sakrison-kate06.jpg   Modelarz 1/33 KATE-sakrison-kate03.jpg  
Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrison View Post
Nice build. I built this kit a few years ago and it was really top-notch. The fit, finish, and details were all spot-on.

And the model has attracted lots of oohs and aahhs at IPMS meets and other events.

Ahoy Sakrison
Beautifull job on yours the carrier deck diorama done her justice it spicened up the build very well done. The KATE is pretty good size plpane for its day they still used them through out the war. For being obsolete like the TBD it proved itself very well and it was used exstensicely in combat If we had moe experienced pilots at the start of the war durring the battle of Midway the TBD would have been used through out the war as well. HARDY WELL DONE.

Boats