PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-19-2011, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Cockpit assembly

Ahoy
here is the first update of the build everything is running smooth, as to the begining on the photos below show the exploded views of the cockpit frames. the four first subframe were cutted out and rolled into tubeing the dial consol former and rear former 4b the 4 tube frames are cemented into place and set aside to dry on the second photo, The remainder frame tubeing is rolled and cemented into position like the first four by this evening I should have thye intire cockpit completed this very time consumeing the kit allows you to pull out all the stops and detail till your hearts content.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0001.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0002.jpg  
Old 12-19-2011, 01:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Looking forward to this one Boats So glad to see you at work, and that a generous soul sent you those, God bless em.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birder View Post
Looking forward to this one Boats So glad to see you at work, and that a generous soul sent you those, God bless em.
Ahoy glen
thanks man for your reply IU know its been a while but with all these new card kits i got I will be hewre for a long while.the gentlemen who sent these kit i second the motion god bless him and the good lord will take good care of him and give him a better home then the world we live in today.Its good to be back home here.

Boats
Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 PM

cockpit assembly finished

Ahoy
here is the update for today old boats has been at this for 11 hours on the cockpit assembly there are 35 parts to this assembly no cheating here everything is from the kit on the frames they are rolled into tubeing and let dry the rest of the parts are cutted out and assembled. no painting the onlky touch up i used is edgeing with a color pencil the only scratch built parts i added to the kit is the seat belts. The kit excelent and very colorful. No fit issues incountered tomorrow I will start the fuselage construction, Here are the update for the day.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0003.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0004.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0005.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0006.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0007.jpg  

Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0008.jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:00 PM

Thumbs up fuse lage sub assemblie done

Ahoy fellas
Been bust at this build, A great kit no fit issues at all smooth as glass for me. On the following pictures you will see the parts and thier installation. on all formers and skins the fit is excelent a little tricky on part 4 this is where the previously constructed cockpit assembly will slide through the completed skin No. 4 Before everything is glued down you got to cut out the side observation windows these are optional as you can see on the photos. Once the windows were cuted out from the frames i filled them in with acetate clear plastic glued with contat cement aleens wont do Fast glues like acc wont do it is a bozo no no the stuff will bleed right through the card an ruin the finish. as of now i m letting these units dry and i will go back and burnish them out so everything is smooth as a babies dairy air. all edgeing is done with my art pencils thank heavens they match the printing. One thing as a personal note this is the most colorful card plane i have ever built this i like. anyone who has one of these kits dont use the parts in the begining of the kit the colors are wrong, Here are the updates of the Brequet.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0001.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0002.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0003.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0004.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0005.jpg  

Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0006.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0007.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0008.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0009.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0010.jpg  

Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0011.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0012.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0013.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0014.jpg   Model Kartonowy Breguet XIV B2 1/33-pict0015.jpg  

Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Ten out of ten for rolling the tubes.

I would have not even tried - and used dowel instead.

Looks like a lot of the cockpit detail is on show too.

Tim
Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Mighty fine results Boats so far. That tube rolling you did extra fine. I might have lost my nerve doing it. Looking forward to see more.

Tappi
Old 12-20-2011, 03:07 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Crowe View Post
Ten out of ten for rolling the tubes.

I would have not even tried - and used dowel instead.

Looks like a lot of the cockpit detail is on show too.

Tim
Ahoy Tim
Thank you dear sir for your reply Yes sir these are all rolled tubeing I didn,t want to cheat on it a bit of a challenge to say the least very very time concumeing it took me nearly 11 hours to build the cockpit framework assembly. It could have been done sooner then that but whats the hurry. Thats the art of card modeling, wood dowling is a very good thing and alot quicker to build. I thank you for your reply Tim.

boats
Old 12-20-2011, 03:11 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Mighty fine results Boats so far. That tube rolling you did extra fine. I might have lost my nerve doing it. Looking forward to see more.

Tappi
Ahoy Tappi
thanks very much sir for your reply rolling those tubes were a bit of a hair puller but i got her done. thanks sir for your reply.

Boats
Old 12-20-2011, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
It is indeed a great kit... or your hands are superb precise!

Keeping an eye here, friend Boats!
Google Adsense