PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
1/50 scale Macchi M.5 Seaplane fighter

I got this from 1/50 Macchi M.5 Seaplane Fighter Paper Model - ECardmodels.com Shop - Downloadable models and a while back and started it. I am finding it hard to work because of my recent health condition in my left arm. Funny how many things we do with our off hand. So working the parts works some muscle control back into that area a little at a time. My wife wants me off this computer and building kits. Yep. Thats right. She actually wants me to build! It will start to help my hand and arm I guess.

I will post pictures of progress as it happens. Of the model not my arm. So far all the formers and body skins fit fine. I am having a bit of a fit with the engine do to the smallness of the parts, but it is starting to look like the picture! More soon I hope.
CT
Old 02-04-2012, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Early engines are there to test us, CT...I built the engines for my Ilya Murometz over and over again...in the end, that was more traumatic that contemplating the long unsupported wing span...it's all about perseverance and regular trips outside where the young 'uns can't hear you using 'bad words'...I'm hoping that the fiddly skills I gain from the Udarnyj build I'll be able to resurrect the Murometz and finish it off...

The main thing I found useful with my fumbly fingers was a decent glue applicator so I could spot little bits of glue where I needed it with less risk of getting fiddly bits stuck to me; and acquiring a range of tweezers and other holding tools for aforementioned fiddly bits...

Hope this helps

Simon
Old 02-04-2012, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
I look forward to seeing this one come together. I have this kit, but haven't gotten around to it.

Good luck with the arm and muscle control. What a great way to do physical therapy...and fully supported by the Mrs. Good to go.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hey.... this is a fine aircraft, and what a way to get some use back into your limbs - your wife gave you good advice, listen to her I will also enjoy seeing this come together, she's similar to the Walrus.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Well, some small progress. The top of the engine has some ways to go, a lot of small parts. I cheated a bit by using small wood dowels painted silver rather then rolling tubes. The skins on the body fit fine, and the formers were fine. I am sorry for the fuzzy picture, I hope to get better pictures as we go along. The color on this model is awesome and I wish I would have printed it on the high quality setting. By mistake I printed on the auto setting and it is still awesome.

I found out I can work the paper but only in short bursts. My wife has taken it upon herself to work my bad arm for me, making me push and pull and move it about three times a day. I really think she loves me, enough to make me cry! But things are improving, and I am in pain a lot less. And I am going stir crazy too so I will get some more modeling done.

Corey
Attached Thumbnails
1/50 scale Macchi M.5 Seaplane fighter-macchimi.jpg