PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Erstaunlich! I haven't even thought about attempting mine, which I think is 1/144.

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum & ex-NASA flack)
Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Now all you need is a Buran.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
I recall seeing this aircraft, early one morning as I was flying north high above Iraq. It was 1000 feet above us, flying in the opposite direction, brightly lit by the low, dawn sun. What a sight! No time to get the camera out as our converging speed was very swift. Myself and the crew wondered if we were going to be 'swallowed' by the beast as it swept over us.

I then hung tightly on to the controls as I expected to be belted by the wake vortexes spinning down from it's wings ...... but luckily there was very little upper wind flow, so I think we passed harmlessly between the vortexes and our flight continued smoothly.

An amazing aircraft to see in flight, so close up!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I got to see this plane in person at an international airshow in canada,.. it was on the other end of the tarmac and we really thought it was a building/hanger at first,.. in the shadow of its wings was two mig-29s,.. which were dwarfed by the monstrosity!,.. the 225's engines where running from the early morning when we got there till they did their flight demonstration in the late afternoon!,.. they said they had to do that to get the engine operating temperatures at the proper level,.. when it took off I dont think anyone would believe it would!,.. and when it flew it looked like it would fall out of the sky,.. I suspect that it looked so big that it looked like wasnt flying fast enough,... very cool to see though!
and a very beautiful plane to see,.. a lot of the paper mill industries in canada would hire this plane from russia to pick up and transport big pieces of machinery that couldnt otherwise be transported to the mills,..
Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.56 MB
This is a worlds great model i ever seen
Google Adsense
Old 03-09-2012, 11:02 AM

click on the 12:35 mark of this video for vid on AN225 flying,.. this was the first time mig 29 's and an225 ever performed in a nato country,..abbotsford BC Canada

1989 Abbotsford Airshow Day 3 - MiG-29 USAF Thunderbirds F-4 Phantom T-33 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSM2XizaWY

Last edited by HMCS; 03-09-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 AM

In 1989, the USSR was represented by a large number of aircraft at Abbotsford. Making their North American debuts were two MiG-29 Fulcrums (a single and two-seater), an Su-26M aerobatic plane, a Ka-32 helicopter and the An-225 Mriya, the world's largest aircraft. The MiG-29 demonstration pilot at Abbotsford was Anatoly Kvotchur, who had ejected out of a Mig-29 at Le Bourget, France just months earlier. History was made at Abbotsford on the last day of the show when Major Bob Wade, Canadian Armed Forces CF-18 Hornet pilot, became the first western pilot to fly a modern fighter jet from the USSR. Major Bob Wade took the controls of the Mig-29UB two-seat aircraft with Soviet test pilot Valery Menitsky. Other highlights at the show included the first appearance at Abbotsford for the only airworthy Lancaster bomber in North America and the return of the USAF Thunderbirds for the first time since 1981. Attendance at the 1989 show reached a record 321,000 people. The show was completely sold out with an estimated 60,000 people turned away on Saturday alone.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.56 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
Nice build! It looks huge even at such a smale scale!

Cami
that is awesome
Old 08-08-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
a lot of the paper mill industries in canada would hire this plane from russia
Yes, this one is avesome plane - I saw AN-225 "Mriya" ("Dream" in english) in Kiev at avia show at Antonov plant (now called AVIANT - my grandfather used to work there in assembly plant of An-124 "Ruslan") - even got into cargo bay - really the biggest plane in the world - and this one is not Russian it is Ukrainian!
Old 01-14-2024, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Which publisher is this 1:100 MRIYA from?
Google Adsense