PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Farman Moustique F451

Hello folks,

Just to get the show on the road. I have not been able to come to grips with some of the more common design tools used for model design, e.g. Sketchup, Blender, etc., so I'll just stick with what I know. I will be using Autodesk Inventor and even with this, I am no expert. I will be drawing each part individually, but as it is a simple, blocky design, this should not pose too many problems.
Starting point is a set of plans, scaled to 1/33. Designed so far are formers for the internal structure to which skins are attached,the same approach for the PWS 50 parts. Any way I'll keep you posted on progress.

All the best and happy modelling

Bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Farman Moustique F451-farman-moustique-plans.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-18-2012, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Looking forward to following this!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Very interesting. Always thought you could use ordinary model airplane drawings as well. There is a good tutorial by Rob Carleen, from Fiddlers Green, I think.

Farman Moustique F451-robcarleen-fuseframe.jpg

Tried to find it at that site, but couldn't. I have it , though, and if you'd like to have it, just send me a pm with your regular email address (file too large to attach).

- Leif
Old 02-19-2012, 03:30 AM

Thanks Leif, that would be great.
B.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:39 PM

A start to the project with some internal bulkheads laminated to some cereal-box card. This is just a quick assembly of these parts to check my dimensions and to make sure they go where they are supposed to. So far so good.

I will use this structure to form the complex curves around the wing-roots and the top decking, as per Rob Carleen's informative article (graciously supplied to me by Leif Ohlsen).

Happy modelling

Bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Farman Moustique F451-dscf3917.jpg   Farman Moustique F451-dscf3918.jpg   Farman Moustique F451-dscf3919.jpg   Farman Moustique F451-dscf3920.jpg   Farman Moustique F451-dscf3921.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I am glad to see this model underway.

Don
Old 03-16-2014, 07:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 GB
Any progress on this interesting models?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:37 AM

Hi Jan,

I have got as far as fuselage, wings and tail, but haven't got round to colouring them yet. Along with life and too many irons in the fire getting in the way it remains unfinished. I have also had several bouts of illness over the past year which has prevented me from doing much of anything, other than dropping by here now and again.
However, I'm on the road to recovery and building again which is great therapy. More importantly, I am managing to actually finish a model!
With regards to the Moustique, I will get this done, hopefully sometime this year. I have a new computer and new software (Serif Design Studio and Autodesk inventor suite 2014) so looking forward to getting back to designing. Meanwhile, there are just too many great kits just begging to be built.

Thanks for dropping by,

Bernie
Old 03-16-2014, 08:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Had forgotten all about this nice approach, but searched (and found) what you might be up to instead - the Male tank, I presume? Very nice work, and I'm ashamed I haven't noticed it before.

Best now, Leif
Old 03-16-2014, 12:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardist View Post
Hi Jan,

I have got as far as fuselage, wings and tail, but haven't got round to colouring them yet. Along with life and too many irons in the fire getting in the way it remains unfinished. I have also had several bouts of illness over the past year which has prevented me from doing much of anything, other than dropping by here now and again.
However, I'm on the road to recovery and building again which is great therapy. More importantly, I am managing to actually finish a model!
With regards to the Moustique, I will get this done, hopefully sometime this year. I have a new computer and new software (Serif Design Studio and Autodesk inventor suite 2014) so looking forward to getting back to designing. Meanwhile, there are just too many great kits just begging to be built.

Thanks for dropping by,

Bernie
Thank you for your reply ; I wish you a good recovery.
Google Adsense