PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread

This is not going to be a build thread but rather a few photos of how the P-82/F-82 from Gremir Models looks at various stages in construction. It is entirely possible that the model(s) will never be completed. Here are few shots for those that are curious.

One of the cockpits at an early stage. Construction is typical for this designer (Rafal Cieslelski) with a well-detailed cockpit tub that serves as an anchor point for the forward and aft portions of the fuselage.

P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread-82-001.jpg

This is the framework for the wing center section. This contains the landing gear bays and the armament.

P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread-82-002.jpg

The nose of "Betty Jo," the Merlin-engined P-82. The fit of frames and skins was perfect. Rafal uses a hairline outline on the parts so cutting on the line is the method to use.

P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread-82-003.jpg

Here is the contrast between the Merlin nose and the (incomplete) Allison nose. The Merlin nose has much slimmer lines in profile while the Allison shows a deeper "chin."

P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread-82-004.jpg

That's it for now. There will be occasional additions as work on the XP-72 beta build permits.

BTW - I recommend these models - there are some great color schemes in the six offered by Gremir (one of which is the scheme used on the printed version published by GPM a few years ago.)
Google Adsense
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Great job so far and I really hope for a completed model - could really use some finished photos...
I see you are building "CallGirl" - do not forget that this stencil was only on the right fuselage. A bit strange, but that's how the photo of the plane shows it.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks good. Will hope for eventual completion. Looks like you are back to committing aviation paper modeling with a vengeance.

Don
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Tiny update. The rudder pedals and control stick have been installed. Edges were colored after this photo was taken.

P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread-82-005.jpg
Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 AM

Very good. I would like to build one of these (but, then, I would like to build a lot of the thousands of models I have acquired).

At least I can watch you work on this one.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 03-03-2012, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Looks good and only three more to go
Old 03-03-2012, 09:29 AM

LOL - thanks, Mike. I needed that...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM

I took a break from the XP-72 and returned to building random P-82 assemblies. This is the rear of the left "fuselage" and vertical tail. If I have not mentioned it before, this model has "detailed" and "simple" options regarding the control surfaces. I opted for the simple version which presents the ailerons, rudders, elevator and flaps as non-moving integrated parts of the appropriate larger assembly. The detailed option has separate, moveable control surfaces - maybe on one of my future builds.

Getting back to the photo...excellent fit with the exception of the last fuselage bulkhead before the tail section (just forward of the seam that splits the "6".) Whereas all previous parts had been cut on the line with no problems, bulkhead A14 needed to be cut about a line's thickness OUTSIDE the line in order to get a snug fit with the skin.

The fin tip, leading edge, two small transition pieces and the large, triangular fairing above the "buzz" number all use butt joints between the pieces. I considered using joiner strips fashioned from typing paper but found that (with care) they are not necessary and good results can be achieved by building it as designed.

All in all the construction of this element was straightforward and well-designed. I am returning to the XP-72 beta for a bit...then some more back here.

P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread-02-006.jpg
Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 PM

Looks most excellent.

If you aren't careful, you are going to end up with a completed model on your hands.

Don
Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Looks most excellent.

If you aren't careful, you are going to end up with a completed model on your hands.

Don

... what a pity ...

with lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Google Adsense