PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Teee Heeee!

I understand your hesitation, Sidewinder. I put it off for the same reason. I'm glad I started the project though, because it's forced me to become more familiar with Photoshop. Now, if I could just take better pictures I'd be golden
Better pictures?! That shot of the tail is great. Where did you want to improve your picture taking?
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 03-28-2012, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Hi Rock amazing job! I reaaly crazy for build in 1/100 you version of Makettek MiG-9
Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Quote:
Better pictures?! That shot of the tail is great. Where did you want to improve your picture taking?
The camera I use (actually, an old camcorder) takes passable closeups, but when I take a photo that captures a larger view, the picture is very grainy, and not sharp at all.

Quote:
Hi Rock amazing job! I reaaly crazy for build in 1/100 you version of Makettek MiG-9
I really appreciate your interest, gomidefilho my friend. It will make me happy when I see photos of other's builds of the model. Hopefully, most of the bugs will be worked out, so that whoever takes it on after me will have a much easier time of it. Even though I found and corrected a number of issues with the original kit, we can't forget to direct a lot of credit to the Mekettek designer, who provided a solid base to work from. Without his initial effort, this refined MiG-9 would never have happened.

Now, a progress report and a few photos. The horizontal stabs are on, and these too required surgery. As designed, they came off the tail at an angle, and as a result the the elevators were not perpendicular to the centerline of the fuselage. Fixed now. I added a new section to the engine cones, pretty much doubling their size. I made them solid dark grey to match photos of the actual airplane. There are a couple of small scoops on the fuselage sides that are also mounted.

I still need to mount the guns, form a clear bubble canopy, and add the landing gear. I'll be more than ready to start something new when this is finished.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Looks like the diameter of those exhausts needs to be increased to sit flush like so
Old 04-01-2012, 03:23 PM

I think you're right there SW. I don't like to use models as reference as they can often be wrong, but I found a MiG-9 walkaround photo series on line, and it looks like they should be wider. That's an easy fix at least. My reworked MiG will be an improvement over the original, but it's still far from perfect.

Last edited by rockpaperscissor; 04-01-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: edit
Google Adsense
Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Amazing Work Rockpaperscissor. The MiG-9 is one of my favourite jets, I waiting a decent e-model kit for years, I tried Makettek MiG-9 but is impossible without corrections. You work is a hope to made one of my favorite subjects in 1/100 scale... Ragardsmy friend!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Your MiG-9 really looks great, Don. Regardless of any variations in jet exhaust sizes, the image of you holding the model and displaying the underside is terrific and shows both the interesting shape of the aircraft and your modeling technique.

Don (also)
Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
I sincerely hope you didn't take my pointing out the exhausts as in any way downing the excellent job you're doing on this model by the way.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I see some of these older hand drawn models, and while I give credit to the designers for trying, sometimes I wonder if they actually built the models as they designed them.

I hope you don't mind, but I've kinda been inspired to try and add a second simple model of the Mig-9 to the internet.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:27 PM

Thanks for your kind words, Don. No offense taken, SW. I'd love to see another MiG-9, Aaron - have at it! PLAAF livery would be nice since we already have a Soviet version.
Google Adsense