PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up P-47 Paper Air Force

P-47D Razorback Thunderbolt built under License from Grumman Systems. That's a first, seeing how most of the stuff on these or any other forums are not, at least what I have seen. What do you get for $35 dollars ($10 dollars shipping). A lot, A real lot. The decals are to die for, the cardboard is first rate, the Instruction manual (book really) is extremely detailed, as is the Picture guided assembly book. The wingspan of the kit is finished kit is 34.9", overall Length, 31" projected weight, sans engine, 34 ounces.

This is an intense model. At $25 bucks, I think it's a steal. The parts aren't pre-cut, which if they were, would easily raise the price beyond reach of most modelers. There is a lot of cutting that will need to take place but there is nothing, after looking through this kit, that I see, would keep it out of reach off maybe 95% of the modelers on this forum. In other words, I think most people could build this. That being said, I think that most would remember building this kit for the rest of their lives, and as sturdy as it portends to be, will probably last the length of the average builders life. I'm happy. I am glad I purchased it. I am not know for purchasing many models, but this really strikes me as the "real thing".

This model is easily suited for conversion to R/C flight. Actually, it would be more of a conversion to build it as a static display model. So, you end up with a model of great quality, and suitable for display, or radio control. I probably would lose sleep or worse if I were to fly this plane after building it. I hope this is successful for Paper Air Force, if it isn't, it will be an instant collectors piece.

This kit requires the builder to add or devise various components suited to the level or purpose for which the builder intends. This is a kit for someone who knows how to fabricate. That means, most of the people on this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
P-47 Paper Air Force-sav6-094.jpg   P-47 Paper Air Force-sav6-095.jpg   P-47 Paper Air Force-sav6-096.jpg   P-47 Paper Air Force-sav6-097.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Very much looking forward to this build. The model does look ike it wil be mighty fine when completed.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Dont build it!!!! Its value will increase way beyond $35 if they do fail!!! Just kidding....its more than most would pay, so enjoy it!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
Looking forward to this build and have fun with it.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:00 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
I'm glad to see someone bit the bullet and grabbed one of these kits. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Banned

I made a mistake about the projected weight. It's 34 ounces wet !

Also, any fabrication would be as far as push rods and other R/C hardware. I like that this has a license to build from Grumman. That adds a "realness" to it.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
None of their current planes float my boat but have just checked out the site and can see why you were so impressed...that IS a lot of model for $25...I'd be keen to give them a go if they do some jets eventually...
Old 07-30-2011, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Did you really get this for just $25? I've checked both the website and ebay. The price I saw was $35 plus $10 shipping.

Curt
Old 07-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashevilleangler View Post
Did you really get this for just $25? I've checked both the website and ebay. The price I saw was $35 plus $10 shipping.

Curt
I posted: "What do you get for $35 dollars ($10 dollars shipping)."

I paid $35 plus $10 dollars shipping, I can see how the way I worded that may have been confusing. Sorry!

When I made the initial post, I was very excited, as it had just arrived. Now, a day or so later, I think I am even more impressed. The materials supplied are top notch. If you build this model, it is a model made under license, that means, though miniature (relatively speaking, it's a huge model) you have a Grumman P-47. Not a model by someone who just whipped one together, (and some are rather fantastic) but none of them are built under license. That is the first time I have seen this in a paper model. So, redundantly, I exclaim, When this is done, it will be a "real-P47" in the sense that it has been approved by Grumman as a suitable representation of the real aircraft. How cool is that!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:20 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I paid $35 plus $10 dollars shipping, I can see how the way I worded that may have been confusing. Sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
This is an intense model. At $25 bucks, I think it's a steal.
That's where he got it... Obviously just a typo...
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense