Make it very detailed. 46 47.92%
Make it a one page quick build plane 9 9.38%
Get another hobby and let the pros take care of this. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardist View Post
Definitely finish this. Preferably in 1/33 scale, it can always be scaled down for the Micronauts. And yes, go crazy for the details, they can always be left off for a simpler build.
You did this in a day? Excellent work.
B
What he said.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Please, go crazy for details, there are enough F.G. quality models already made. This plane is a beauty and must have been a blast to fly. Besides, we know what details mean to you, I'd like to see it. Interesting about the dream thought process, I have that same issue, as do many others. Go for it!

( I have been looking into this recently, this page has some interesting links.Enchanted Mind - Creative Dreaming )
Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.12 GB
will make a great model

Wow Mike
Hot Stuff is a great plane and I would really like to build it for my son.....he has flown Hot Stuff several years ago and I visited him at the Andrews AFB air show when they flew Hot Stuff there... I am sure the paper model would be a tribute to the group that is still maintaining the airplane. Cant see enough of the airplane....looking forward to it's creation as a model. We thank you for your contributions.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
I've always wanted a Harpoon since seeing one at the Old Wings of Eagles years go. I'd say make it detailed, but not so much so that it scares away most of us who want to build it. Maybe with many details that are not necessary to build a nice model, but can be added for superdetailing?

Scott K.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
Please please finish this one up. I love the twin-tail Lockheeds and there isn't a lot of choices out there (Lad-n-Dad has a Hudson and Modelik has a Super Electra, but thats it). My preference would be 1/33 scale similar to a Marek model. If I'm not mistaken it shouldn't be too difficult to make a PV-1 Ventura If you wanted to release multiple versions.
Wayne
Google Adsense
Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Next phase

Thanks for all the input on the model. I am working away on this today. This morning my Video Card blew a gasket so had to run out and get a new one. Then I did some clean up on the computer. Reset the CPU fan with some new thermal grease. Things have been heating up in the case. "Hot Stuff"

Here are some progress photos. I tackled some of the tougher stuff today. Textures and paint. Added some of the easier details. Now that I know that I can make this the way I want to. I am going to start cleaning up the Cadd work.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Please, go crazy for details, there are enough F.G. quality models already made. This plane is a beauty and must have been a blast to fly. Besides, we know what details mean to you, I'd like to see it. Interesting about the dream thought process, I have that same issue, as do many others. Go for it!

( I have been looking into this recently, this page has some interesting links.Enchanted Mind - Creative Dreaming )
Thanks for this link Zarthos. I guess I'm a lucid dreamer. Never quite knew what to call it. I for sure can go to sleep and see the answers to techniques when I wake up. Interesting stuff.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
It's a sign of genius. I am not trying to be self serving either. Out of curiosity, are you mildly dyslectic? Most 3 dimensional thinkers are. Just curious.

I love this plane, if your Martin Baker Ejection seat is any indication of what's coming, Ooh Boy!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Mike,

I for myself "live" the models I design ... divin deep into them and ... i like the benefit ... philosophical?!

With lovely greetings and all thumbs high for your "hot stuff"
the Wilfried
Old 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfried View Post
Mike,

I for myself "live" the models I design ... divin deep into them and ... i like the benefit ... philosophical?!

With lovely greetings and all thumbs high for your "hot stuff"
the Wilfried
Couldn't agree more Wilfried. I am amazed at the wealth of information out there on subject matter. I spend hours looking around and then end up at some sites where the depth of knowledge is overwhelming. I recently purchased some German books, don't speak German or read it, but the illustrations in those books were to die for. Philosophical indeed!!!

This hobby is as much about learning as it is building.
Google Adsense