PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Pretty much double the size, from current PBY to Flymodel PBY, Boats My Friend.
Though it will look good as a kind of "forced perspective" display, one hanging about 4 ft from the other would look as though they were flying in company but a couple miles apart.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this magnificent PBY completed. The detail in the landing gear, and the beautifully done wing construction are both elements I much admire.

Kind and Respectful Regards Boats My Friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Hey boats you know paper is just chewed up wood....and wood is just paper to be....so it's all the same! So i say post all the balsa you want boats we like seeing them all. I don't know about anyone else here but i love balsa building, and the lazer cut kits you can get today are fantastic...i still remember the days of die-crushed kits...ahhh the good old days.....Rich
Old 04-25-2012, 07:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sir, you are the man!!!! That is fan-flipping-tastic, superb! Makes me want to pull out my balsa kits that are collecting dust
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
Pretty much double the size, from current PBY to Flymodel PBY, Boats My Friend.
Though it will look good as a kind of "forced perspective" display, one hanging about 4 ft from the other would look as though they were flying in company but a couple miles apart.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this magnificent PBY completed. The detail in the landing gear, and the beautifully done wing construction are both elements I much admire.

Kind and Respectful Regards Boats My Friend, Uyraell.

Ahoy Uyraell
Thank you very much for your reply I guess I will post more updates to the build to keep everyone on their toes, LOLllllllllllll I am starting to miss building card kits but i got to finish up whats on my plate first. thanks my man for your replies I am Honored.

Boats
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
Hey boats you know paper is just chewed up wood....and wood is just paper to be....so it's all the same! So i say post all the balsa you want boats we like seeing them all. I don't know about anyone else here but i love balsa building, and the lazer cut kits you can get today are fantastic...i still remember the days of die-crushed kits...ahhh the good old days.....Rich

Ahoy richkat
thank you for your reply as quoted on Uryraell I will finish up the updates to this build here as a favor to you sir, I hope everyone dont get steamed for me posting a balsa build here but like you said which is a 100 percent fact paper is wood and wood is paper its all good, thanks my man for your wonderfull reply,

Boats
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by duditz72 View Post
Sir, you are the man!!!! That is fan-flipping-tastic, superb! Makes me want to pull out my balsa kits that are collecting dust
Ahoy duditz
thank you sir for your reply balsa stick and tissue kits are about as old as card kits they been aound for years on end, I enjoy building them when i get the chance I have hundreds of balsa kits laying around in my stash that I acumilated scince boyhood, My firstmate Ruthie calls me captain hoarder the model king, LOLllllllllll I dont mind in one ear out the other I,m happy, Yes sir you need to do that get it all dusted off get a good straight building board and wax paper along with T pins and you are all set. Thanks my man for the reply I am honored.

Boats
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
One more stick and tissue fan here. And PBY-5 - one of my all time 'flying boat' favourites too. Great job Boats and I'm following with interest.

Tappi
Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another excellent model of a historic aircraft, Boats.

Don
Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just a question of curiousity Deckape how does it take you to do a balsa kit?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by duditz72 View Post
Just a question of curiousity Deckape how does it take you to do a balsa kit?

Ahoy duditz
not to long for an example like this PBY I added a lot of detail parts to it the kit never designed it for I was pretty much on my own. A kit lkike this would take me any where from 10 days to two weeks depending on the complexity of the kit. The old Sterling and Guillow stick and tissue kits I can build in one week. I really dont mind posting these balsa stick models if no one complains, as richkat quoted its all paper and wood its all the same I agree a 100 percent. if you have any stick models you like to build and post them here dont be bashfull so far no one has protested me on these balsa builds.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
PBY5-A Catalina scratch 1/28 scale-pict0017.jpg   PBY5-A Catalina scratch 1/28 scale-pict0018.jpg   PBY5-A Catalina scratch 1/28 scale-pict0006.jpg   PBY5-A Catalina scratch 1/28 scale-popeye2.jpg