PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you guys !

Now, the cockpit section. You can use the transparency foil included in the kit or you can do some home made vacuum forming. I did this successfully before, but this time a real Geli professional, Josef Walgram from Klagenfurt / Austria, provided me with one of his canopy parts. Seppi, thank you very much for this very helpful support.

The single parts were prepared, not to forget colouring the inside of the canopy frame, and finally assembled.
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-33.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-34.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-35.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-36.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-37.jpg  

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM

Love the build and the canopy looks great.

Pete
Old 05-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Thanks a lot, Pete !

The wings are not difficult to build but you need some time and patience for assembling. Keep an eye on good shaping the parts, especially the area which has to be connected to the fuselage. When done, the assembling is easy to make. Final steps are the wing fences and some recolouring of the edges.
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-38.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-39.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-40.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-41.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-42.jpg  

Old 05-12-2012, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg Schulze View Post
Hi Jim,

Just a quick shot for you. The new Geli issues are keeping the old construction by Mr. Wittrich but everything was cleaned up and refreshed. Therefore the old quality is back again. The official website of Geli with a shop enclosed.
Thank you so very much, Joerg!

Can't wait to see these sheets...I really like the camo scheme they used, should result in a very nice model if I don't mess up the build.

It does come out to an expensive model, because of the shipping costs, but I figure I can budget in the one kit for now. I really wish there were a local source of such models, which should make them more affordable.

Just curious on the canopy build...they provide the clear foil, but how is the flat sheet used to make the canopy, is it used with a plug? Does the kit show how to build the right size and shaped plug? The canopy you show is quite nicely done, really impressive.

I am continuing to enjoy this build so very much!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 05-14-2012, 12:15 AM

Hi Jim,

I am sure, you will enjoy your first Geli Model. The problem with the shipping costs is well known to the Geli team, but another problem is to find a provider in the US for avoiding unnecessary costs. If anyone has a good idea or if anyone knows someone, donīt hesitate to call Geli - they would be glad to find a solution for this problem.
The canopy is always something tricky in cardmodel business. I used very often the clear foil without any problem or doing cuts, just in forming the foil inside the frame. The glue will do the rest. When doing this work with caution, itīs possible to build most of the canopy parts. For real spherical canopys I often use home made vacuum forming and I build the positive form myself, using the copied cardboard parts as a template.

For the Geli MIG 15 itīs time for some small parts - Antenna and Weapons.
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-43.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-44.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-45.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-46.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 04:03 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
She is looking might fine - great canopy
Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Wow... is looking really nice!

I just bought the F4 Phantom, the classic version, not the new one. But I guess I'll keep it as a souvenir, and not build it. There is always the re-editions, right?

The metal finish is great!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:44 AM

Well, after some lazy days, here is the next step for the Geli MIG 15. Now we proceed to the front landing gear. Old style building, like the WHV or older polish models, but with a nice result. The Geli wheel is some kind of special construction - have a closer look on the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-47.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-48.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-49.jpg   Geli Classic Model No. 38 "MIG 15"-50.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 12:18 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Nice neat build. You're doing a really fine job.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Excellent work, Joerge! You have provided some good information on how to build this model.

Don
Google Adsense