PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
more=better! keep em coming!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks to all. I'll post a bunch more pic's first of WWII birds in micro that I've done. I have also converted paper plans to larger WS before the micro electronics started coming out I only have done WWII War birds. From 7-14 oz total wt.

The micros are 1-2 oz total wt. The best thing is flying them indoors or out and when you whack in (and everyone does) there's almost no damage because they are so light esp if your flying over grass.

I need to buy the E-Cards Nieuport-11 in either 1:48 or the 1:16 never tried a bigger scale paper plan I've always just used a std copy machine and enlarged the wings 1st to make the span I know will fly if I keep the wt down. For the micro birds I like to stay 14"-16" WS .

You can go smaller but speed has to go up and I don't get into the nano size plane that others fly. The smallest I've done and yet flys great is 10" on my MiG-21 and 13" on a Yak-1.

The micro e-gear has really come down in price and you can get total flying micro RC birds now for under $100 with a transmitter, TX and you can find used ones even cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails
E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-mig-17-edf-30-003.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-mig-17-edf-30-002.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-mig-17-edf-30-004.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-mig-17-edf-30-010.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-edf-30-pusher-mig-21-025.jpg  

E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-spitfire-exhausts-covers-004.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-thumb-micro-spitfire-scoops-gun-blisters-006.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-thumb-start-micro-depron-p-47-009.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-thumb-finished-micro-spitfire-006.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-thumb-start-micro-depron-p-47-001.jpg  

E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-voss-micro-dr-i-003.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-voss-f-i-029-1-.jpg  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Peter, you can obtain Depron sheets at www.officeworld.com. They have it in 1mm and 2mm thickness we paper modelers usually want, and thicker sheets (quarter-inch, etc.) used by the RC fraternity.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:50 AM

I didn't see it, I did a search but could not locate it. I get mine from: Depron and EPP Foam Suppliers, Carbon Fiber Sheets, Carbon Rods and Tubes, RC Model Airplane Engines and RC Electric Motor Mounts, Flat Foam RC Airplanes

Thanks Darwin

Pete
Old 05-04-2012, 07:03 AM

More paper to Depron builds. I'll post a few more until I can buy the Nieuport -11 to start this build.
Attached Thumbnails
E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-another-pz-sized-smaller-micro-yak-1b-002.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-mossy-001.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-pz-sized-smaller-micro-yak-1b-005.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-04-2012, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Peter, you can obtain Depron sheets at www.officeworld.com. They have it in 1mm and 2mm thickness we paper modelers usually want, and thicker sheets (quarter-inch, etc.) used by the RC fraternity.
Here's another very good source:

Depron and EPP Foam Suppliers, Carbon Fiber Sheets, Carbon Rods and Tubes, RC Model Airplane Engines and RC Electric Motor Mounts, Flat Foam RC Airplanes

Gene K
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Sorry - info already posted.

Gene K
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I love this! I've thought about getting into this side of the hobby. I have seen an FG B-17 that was up-scaled to a 7 foot wing span in Depron.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Here's a few more micro and larger paper to Depron conversions.

I'm trying to get my friend who's also a paper to RC Depron converter to go in on this Nieuport -11 build with me he's Gene K. and he's the King of Tissue covering. Gene did the fantastic job of covering my most recent Voss F-I form the E-Cards Kanpfflieger DR-I we made it a 1:20th scale to match the Fly Zone DR-I.

I'd like to try the E-Cards Kanpfflieger 1:48 scale Zigomar enlarged to a 14.5" WS if I can talk Gene into doing the Tissue covering. I think this could make a very nice conversion. There's a guy recently featured in Flying Scale Mag who's doing awesome Clerget scale motors, LeRhone, Vickers and Lewis MG's if I can talk him into down scaling to 1:24 it might work out great otherwise I do the Vickers or Lewis from foam or other materials. Weights not too big an issue but it's best to keep it down to under 40 grs. and with the WWI birds most weight has to be way up front to get the needed CG.
Attached Thumbnails
E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-finished-depron-mini-mig-17-005.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-finished-mig-repairs-002.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-bf-109-004.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-006.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-mossy-panel-lines-nav-lights-010.jpg  

E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-vvs-2.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-yak-3-001.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-mig-3-painted-002.jpg  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Ok, my friend and PM member Gene K. will help with this build. He bought the E-Cards Kanpfflieger 1:48 scale Zigomar NP-11 that we'll use. Normally I airbrush my models but since this is such a great paper plan with excellent coloring. Gene has agreed to cover the 2mm wings and fuselage and 1mm Depron foam tail feathers for it for me.

He'll then send me the parts and I'll do the build/s I'm going to make 2 at a time one for Gene since he's doing the hard part.

I will ask Gene to post his excellent video instuctions on how to print to tissue paper then apply to the Depron foam.

Oh, some guys have had great success using 1mm Depron and Inkaid with Canon printers to print direct to the foam. We've tried but our results were not so good a member here had great success on his DR-I conversion.

More to come. Gene will post his progress here as well.

Pete
Google Adsense