PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds

I was asked to start a paper model to Depron Foam Micro RC build thread. I don't want to offend paper purests though as you guys do great work so I'm somewhat reluctant.

I'll post some build pictures of previous E-Card Nieuport and other conversions then if you guys want me to start a Nieuport-11 to Micro RC then I'll do it. Otherwise out of respect for your great paper builds I'll stop with these previous build pic's.

I first sized up the Ws to 14.5" WS then i build a paper mock up to see where problems might be. I use no formers just 2mm Depron for the WS and fuselage and 1mm for the tail feathers. once pretty much built I start thinking and adding the micro e-gear. I know from may previous micro conversions that the Park Zone bricks and P-51 motor gear boxes work great on this size bird. lots of folks are doing this and use lighter egear I use what I have and know will work for me.

I have tons of how to's and builds posted on RC Groups but I owe much credit to the paper designers and builders and other friends in the Rc world helping and for having the great paper planes to convert.

Thanks,

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-054.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-007.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-049.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-091.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-061.jpg  

E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-113.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-065.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-100.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-137.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-17-132.jpg  

E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-25-002.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-25-008.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-25-005.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-25-014.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuport-25-021.jpg  

E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuports-001.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuports-006.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuports-005.jpg   E-Cards Paper to Depron Micro RC Nieuport Builds-micro-nieuports-004.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Pete, you've done some very nice work with those models! Speaking only for myself, I'd love to see more.

Thanks for sharing these.

Curt
Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Pete;
here is my two cents worth, OK the material in not paper BUT you print on it cut fold crease glue add flaps ect and make the model come alive and do in a smaller cheaper form what the original did ***FLY***. I say bring it on teach us new tricks, the price of electric RC stuff seams to be comming down in Weight and price I for one would be tempted to do the Endecker in the english livery would be so cool flying around. I will now get off the soapbox!!
Go for it , Thanks,
MILES
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Considering that the original plans were for card models I think you are well within the parameters of this forum. I myself have dabbled in foam rc plans, and always like to learn more when i can.

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
PLEASE do this thread....I want to see how you do these planes, there is a lot of room on this site for a little diversion now and then....just my thought i could be wrong....but I like diversion..and a model is a model , your starting with a paper model so who is to say?....Rich
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I agree...considering that some of the members are at least dabbling with using Depron as a cardboard substitute for backing material, it is totally legit as a build thread. Especially so if you skin the wee beastie with textured paper....or, at the very least, use paper for insignia and placards. Purists? I suppose we do have a few in the group, but we manage to keep them under control.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
I love what you're doing. post away :D
Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.57 MB
I would love to see how you do it. I have seen lots of reference to foam builds, and have been tempted as well.If you do the thread, could you also let us know where you get the materials to build these birds as well?
You work looks like a lot of fun and adds an other dimension to this hobby as well. I would welcome your efforts on this site and would look forward to it.
Peter
Old 05-04-2012, 12:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I am among those Darwin is talking about who are using Depron as backing to reinforce some paper parts and I am very interested in how you are forming it as it could apply very well to my own (paper for now) model.
To Miles, based on the pictures I don't think anything was printed on the Depron in those pictures, how would you print on it (I am pretty sure it won't go in my printer)
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
As a papermodeler for over 45 years all I can say is VERY COOL. Show us more! I would be very interested in how you set up the aircraft. Things like balance, control surfaces and such.

Jim Nunn