PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Building The Atomic Bomb (Little Boy)

Well Nuclear Proliferation has finally arrived at my bench. I downloaded Nando's newest model Little Boy and I gotta tell you it was a short but sweet and very enjoyable Build. It was a pleasure to finally build something that was one evening and looked great.

I set the mood with a glass of wine. And then downloaded the Audio Book "Dark Sun, the making of the Hydrogen Bomb" by Richard Rhodes. Topped off with a Cuban Cohiba Cigar, as a tip of the hat to The Cuban Missile Crisis, and then proceeded to build my own Nuclear Weapon. (Well it's paper for all the NSA, FBI, HS, and all the other Acronyms that are sure to see these words pop up on a screen somewhere)

I chose not to do a build thread, but I will tell you that I stacked card and super glued, then sanded the front and painted to get a smoother look. I took liberties with the color scheme, and played around with the rivets.

Thanks Nando for sharing your talents, this is what makes this such a great hobby.

And here are some pics of the Birth of the bomb.

Last edited by mldixon; 05-16-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Mistake
Google Adsense