PaperModelers.com

PaperModelers.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/)
-   Aviation (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/)
-   -   Geli Classic Model No. 15 "Messerschmitt Me 262" (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/19982-geli-classic-model-no-15-messerschmitt-me-262-a.html)

Joerg Schulze 05-26-2012 12:04 PM

Geli Classic Model No. 15 "Messerschmitt Me 262"

7 Attachment(s)
Wooohoouu, itīs Geli time again and again and again...

Now, the famous Messerschmitt Me 262 Jet-Fighter. Letīs have a closer look on the kit.

By the way - Jim, come on, join the build...

Joerg Schulze 05-27-2012 01:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The Geli model starts with the central fuselage segment. Just donīt forget to recolour the edges and the glue straps. Another thing are the formers - they are a little bit to large. No problem with some sandpaper or such Revlon things for women:-)

After assembling the formers, weīve got the first part of our Me 262.

Joerg Schulze 05-27-2012 08:29 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Now, as we know about the over size of the formers, always keep in mind to shape them well before using glue. The three front segments of the fuselage are easy to build. For the nose I used the paper to protect the clear foil in the kit. Step by step glueing pairs of those wings together until the nose is round and in good shape. It is easier than it looks like. Last step is to assemble all segments, becoming the front section of the Me 262.

rockpaperscissor 05-27-2012 10:51 AM

Very precise work. You really have a knack for turning these old Geli models into something special.

Joerg Schulze 05-27-2012 11:33 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Thank you Don, I always try my very best...:-))

Well, the next step is somehow complicated because of the aft fuselage segment, which will be also the base for the tail fin. You have to check the shape and direction of the parts before using glue. After assembling, I used a wooden tooth pick to shape every part as good as possible.. The result of this work should be a well build fuselage and tail fin. The elevators are easy to install.

Joerg Schulze 05-28-2012 08:37 AM

5 Attachment(s)
The Geli wing construction is simple but not easy to build. The weak point is the fuselage contact area. You have to focus on good shaping and always check twice without glue before assembling the wings to the fuselage. I decided to assemble the formers outside the wings and to assemble the wings seperatly. It is a successful method to fullfill the task.

Joerg Schulze 06-03-2012 09:15 AM

6 Attachment(s)
The engines are two small models in a large model. The building procedures are almost the same like the whole plane has to be build.
I started preparing all the single parts. After all the work, two engine nascelles are ready for assembling. They found their place right underneath the wings.

jagolden01 06-03-2012 12:08 PM

Fine build on this, Joerg.

leclerc 06-05-2012 11:05 PM

Once again you did a super job on Geli Classic Models. My only wish to get this Geli Classic models somewhere, since they are hard to find or is it not ??

Joerg Schulze 06-05-2012 11:18 PM

No, they are not hard to find.

Geli models

Cheers !