PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-15-2020, 02:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72

There are five skeletal planes in my collection, I-16, Fw-190, Me-109, Fokker DVIII and SE5, all created by Salvador Ortega Cabrera, at the scale of 1/72. I have downloaded them some years back but did not have the courage nor the skills to build any of them successfully. I have just browsed through Cabrera's website via the Links page on this forum but only the I-16 and Me-109 are available, so please don't ask me about the other three, viz.,Fw190, Fokker DVIII and SE5. If my memory is correct, Tapcho seems to have presented the SE5 some years ago. And another member of this forum, the I-16.

The model presented here is I-16, an unpainted version. The darker tone is the result of the paper being soaked with CA glue as a strengthner.

I had a try at it using normal printing paper some years back but could not move on as the paper is too weak to proceed with. Now, I have come across a kind of paper that I believe to be manila paper which is much stronger to cut with blades and scissors. From this kind of manila paper, I have managed to build the I-16 as presented in the pictures below. There are some minor errors that I would call them variations that are okay with me. A short (12 sec.) video on the rotating prop in .mov format is created but cannot be uploaded here. I'll think of something to deal with it later.
Attached Thumbnails
Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2127.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2128.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2129.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2130.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2131.jpg  

Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2134.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2135.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2136.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2137.jpg   Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2138.jpg  

Salvador Ortega Cabrera's Skeletal Plane at 1/72-dscn2140.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2020, 06:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
You have really produced a charming and unusual model. The color of the Manila paper adds greatly to the effect. The engine is splendid!

Don
Old 11-15-2020, 07:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Thanks, Don.

The video link is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48nt...el=hkPapermate