PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
BKB-1 - paper model of an experimental glider. Free download.

Sailplanes available?-bkb-1-paper-glider.jpg
Old 06-19-2012, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
Planeur Fauvel AV 36

Wright Flyer

Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 613.72 MB
I hope some inspired designer will produce a cardboard model of the DFS Reiher someday: IMHO one of the most beautiful aircraft ever.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
What a fantastic, beautiful glider. Wow just can't cover it. Very nice looking and great site too. Thank you. I wish I could help you. wad
Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Fiddlers Green has a Minimoa glider that's very similar to the DFS Reiher. It's one of their nicest glider models.

Curt
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Minimoa glider is a real beautiful sail plane. FG larger version is 8 pages and looks huge. I have that model on my hard drive. I just haven't gotten around to building it. One day maybe. Gliders are so sweet. MSFX has glider had they are so silent.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:25 AM

Martin (Sparrowhawk) - I do so agree about the Reiher. - L.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:59 AM

The most beautiful of all card model gliders...

Discussing beautiful gliders, one should not forget the once available, but - alas! - no longer so, Sroka 26 by DRAF models:

I seem to remember that once upon a time, in the beginning of their days, DRAF models had both this, and another similar, laser-cut glider model in 1/10 scale for sale (at quite some prices...).

No longer so, but one can always hope.

- L:
Attached Thumbnails
Sailplanes available?-sroka26_d.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 168.46 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Discussing beautiful gliders, one should not forget the once available, but - alas! - no longer so, Sroka 26 by DRAF models:

I seem to remember that once upon a time, in the beginning of their days, DRAF models had both this, and another similar, laser-cut glider model in 1/10 scale for sale (at quite some prices...).

No longer so, but one can always hope.

- L:
I think it is available for 51.14 Euro
Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 AM

You are so right! Silly me, and good to know. Here's the page where you can read about it (Google translated). Some figures don't translate very well - the span clearly should be 150 cm (not inches), and the length ca 75 cm.

Note that you will need some ten meters of 2x2 mm balsa stringers (which can be cut from one 2mm sheet of balsa, as suggested in the text).

I see the price is 179 zloty, and I'll take your word for it that this will translate into the 50+ euros you mention.

Thank you for finding out about this, and making this important correction! Now we have in fact made a real ontribution to this thread. The SZD-15 "Sroka" is alive and well as a most beautiful paper model of a glider, at an impressive scale. Here's a little bit about the original (Google-translated good Polish site).

Apparently, the name "Sroka" translates into Magpie - not a too flattering name for what seems to have been an excellent glider in its own time.

We should also note that the Magpie is available as one in the series of GPM 1:33 scale glider models mentioned earlier in this thread, No. 9, 2004. Here's a very detailed build report at a Polish site.

Pretty model, isn't it? From a model-building point of view an attractive fact is the canopy, which doesn't require shaping into compound curves. The gliders in this series are actually quite detailed, a fact which you will appreciate if you follow the thread (Google-translated here).

I believe the registration no., "1957", to be fictitious, referring to the year of its first flight.

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Sailplanes available?-gszd15_2.jpg   Sailplanes available?-gszd153d.jpg   Sailplanes available?-490ea7e22ce844a8.jpg  

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 06-25-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Google Adsense