PaperModelers.com

PaperModelers.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/)
-   Aviation (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/)
-   -   Sailplanes available? (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/20262-sailplanes-available.html)

Jan Kytop 06-15-2012 01:35 PM

Sailplanes available?

Dear members,
I need your help.
I want to have a list of all the sailplanes and sport gliders available as paper models , free or not.
I still have a good idea of what is available (GPM , Fiddlersgreen ,JM and Marian free models...)
But it will be interesting to have your suggestions.
Thank you.

Retired_for_now 06-15-2012 02:37 PM

And the weird ones, too.
ARES Mars Scout Mission Proposal - Platform

Yogi

YankeeBoy 06-15-2012 03:31 PM

Marian Aldenhovel has several here.

Leif Ohlsson 06-16-2012 05:48 AM

Vintage glider INKA

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a real rare & vintage one: "Vintage sailplane INKA" - scroll down, until you get to it.

Attachment 132146

This is a very simple paper model by Mitja Sersen Erman of a Slovenian v intage glider from 1937-38, a much simplied version of the Grunau Baby.

The glider was used for slope-soaring in the Bloke mountain area of Slovenia up to the outbreak of WWII. The starting method was the common one of the era, several club members tensioning two strands of thick bungee cords, while others held the glider back until no more tension could be achieved, and then let go while those stretching the cords continued to run. The glider was hauled back to its starting point by attaching a couple of barrow wheels to the landing skid.

The scale of the downloaded model seems to be close to 1/10 as far as I can ascertain. I have been playing with this generous free download as an exercise in texturizing a model which is supposed to model a wooden framework aircraft, covered with fabric.

Here's an example of what the reworked model looks like in 1/16 scale (although the scale is off in this illustration):

Attachment 132151

And here's an example of what the texturizing job looks like:

Attachment 132152

Almost done with the job I let it slip. But this reminder hopefully should make me finish the job. It will be a free download, with Mitja's kind permission.

Leif

Jan Kytop 06-16-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson (Post 299062)
Here's a real rare & vintage one: "Vintage sailplane INKA" - scroll down, until you get to it.

Attachment 132146

This is a very simple paper model by Mitja Sersen Erman of a Slovenian v intage glider from 1937-38, a much simplied version of the
Grunau Baby.

The glider was used for slope-soaring in the Bloke mountain area of Slovenia up to the outbreak of WWII. The starting method was the common one of the era, several club members tensioning two strands of thick bungee cords, while others held the glider back until no more tension could be achieved, and then let go while those stretching the cords continued to run. The glider was hauled back to its starting point by attaching a couple of barrow wheels to the landing skid.

The scale of the downloaded model seems to be close to 1/10 as far as I can ascertain. I have been playing with this generous free download as an exercise in texturizing a model which is supposed to model a wooden framework aircraft, covered with fabric.

Here's an example of what the reworked model looks like in 1/16 scale (although the scale is off in this illustration):

Attachment 132151

And here's an example of what the texturizing job looks like:

Attachment 132152

Almost done with the job I let it slip. But this reminder hopefully should make me finish the job. It will be a free download, with Mitja's kind permission.

Leif

Dear Leif,
I knew this model but as usual you have made a wonderful job on it and it will be a real pleasure to get such a beautiful model.
Thank you very much.

Leif Ohlsson 06-16-2012 05:56 AM

Fauvel AV36

1 Attachment(s)
Jan, then I'm sure you're aware of the Fauvel AV36 tailless glider as well, by Philippe Rennesson ("Criquet" on this site). The original free download is here.

There is a reworked version in 1/16 & 1/33 scale available in the downloads section. This is reworked and wood texturized. Available here and here.

Attachment 132153

I mention this, just because there's been such an influx of new members. Incidentally, it would be a very valuable service if you could publish your list of gliders available as paper models, from the SG-38, over the Waco and Hadrian military gliders, to the modern glass fiber ones. Ideally with links of course although that would be a little bit of a chore. Perhaps we could make a more or less complete inventory that way, which could be added to by members.

Jan Kytop 06-16-2012 07:12 AM

Beginning of a list:

GPM : 13 printed models of polish and german gliders 1/33 and 1/50
GPM - modele kartonowe

Fiddlersgreen : 22 gliders civil and military
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/

JM precision cardmodels - Downloads | Free Download Models
4 gliders , 2 T21 , Swift , Duo discus

Marian Aldenhvel - Index
7 gliders ; ASK 21 , LS4, ,LS8, ,ASK 13, ,ASW 24, ,Discus 2c, ,Duo Discus

Card model projects/Projets
AV 36

y[p[Ntg
Many gliders but with little details(2,5D)

Wyvern 06-16-2012 07:20 AM

Marek has one experimental glider model, available at Edardmodels. Also, DGA has models of the Fourneir powered sailplane and the Sandlin Goat, both available in multiple versions.

Wyvern

Leif Ohlsson 06-16-2012 11:09 AM

Thanks Jan, for a beginning of a list.

Just let me correct a faulty figure about the Inka II glider. The original scale of the download seems to be 1/25 and nothing else.

Apologies - L.

Leif Ohlsson 06-16-2012 01:58 PM

And thanks again, Jan, for prodding me into finishing those small details which were all that was left to do for the Inka glider recoloring. See this thread: "Inka II Slovenian 1937-38 vintage glider".

Amazing how you can stop at 99,9 percent of the job finished. Must have a real fear of finishing anything...

Leif