PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Mike, my two Cubs site on the mantel above the fire place and when some one comes over to the house the se them and ask where I got them and can’t believe I did them and that they are made of paper and then want to try it. I do everything I can to try to get them into this hobby and find what I have gotten out of model making. They don't see all the things wrong with them but I know and will correct it someday. I'm sure your proud of the job and the hours put into it. You did a first rate job and your model shows it. A lot of hours and all the time of learning are right there every time you glance at it or any model you have made.
A lot of us wish we had your level of talent and keep trying. You’re the mark we try to try to achieve. Thank you very much. wc
Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Congratulations on a well done job, Mike!!!

The Texan really does look good!

I was afraid you gave up on it when you made those errors. But I can see gladly you step up to the job.

Kudos my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldixon View Post
As far as the model goes, once completed the fun is done. It sits and collects dust, and gets some occasional looks from friends and family, family thinks your crazy. We are truly a splinter group in the big picture. However people who have not seen paper models are always amazed, they want it but dont want to do the learning curve. Most show some interest, until they pick it up and discover its paper, then amazement sets in...as far as selling it...whatever the market will bear.
Am I having a Dejá-Vu here? It is the exact same situation with me!
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Belated congratulations on the completion of this excellent build, Mike!

This thread has been a great pleasure to read. You have provided outstanding guidance for anyone who wishes to build this model, and the collegial interaction between you and Dave is, to me, the way paper modeling is supposed to work -- and usually does in this forum (the fascinating interaction among Will Aldridge, Robert Turner, Yankee Boy, and Mike Krol on the XP-72 provides another recent and rewarding example).

I appreciate your determination to finish the build, Dave's responsiveness to your queries, and your willingness to share your mistakes and learning, as well as the demonstration of your model building skill.

I've saved all of the relevant content of this thread to add to the info Dave has provided elsewhere and am standing by to purchase and build Dave's Maryland Air National Guard Texan, using this as a guide (once I complete the build of Jim Gausman's Vietnam-era Otter, which has been on hold for a couple of months).

Don
Old 08-04-2012, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post

I appreciate your determination to finish the build, Dave's responsiveness to your queries, and your willingness to share your mistakes and learning, as well as the demonstration of your model building skill.

... standing by to purchase and build Dave's Maryland Air National Guard Texan, using this as a guide (once I complete the build of Jim Gausman's Vietnam-era Otter, which has been on hold for a couple of months).

Don
Thanks Don, I am always ready to help out the designers with a build. I know what a pain it is to get these things to production, as I have several myself that are just sitting, waiting for me to get inspired again. Hope you do well with this model when Dave finally releases it...
Old 08-04-2012, 03:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I believe it was released yesterday
Google Adsense
Old 08-04-2012, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Sorry, VK, I was talking about the Maryland Air National Guard Texan. I see that the Israeli T-6 is available now.

Don
Old 08-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
My mistake.