PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-19-2012, 06:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 36.39 MB
I hope so too. My doctor says it's one of the many symptoms of the surgery, but good lord, I've never had migraines this bad before!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Well, just rest easy and don't wear yourself out...and feel better soon!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 08-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Take good care of yourself!!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
Quote:
I'm curious- what was the problem? Something with the design??
I dont think so, John.

The first time I had a terrible time with the nose; so much so that trying to force the issue ended in tragedy. But that was with the larger version and after I thought about it, I think the problem was due to me "printing to fit" two different sized pages.

The second one I printed onto semi-glossy brochure paper and only after I was about half way thru did I notice that the ink was smudging. That was enough to send it to the circular file.

I do remember also thinking the body seemed to fit oddly around where the "hump" on the back would be. I couldnt get the seam to lay down flat, although since that area would be covered by the hump it probably would not have mattered. But it did contribute to my thinking that I had done something seriously wrong.

Keep on building Jarrod!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I'm very sorry to hear of your pain Space. We are brothers in the world of migraines. I feel ya. I'm into clustera as one after another and I know about the computer screen. Keep the room dark and sound low and allow it to pass by. Do you have meds you can take for the pain and do you have a good doctor? Rest and take it real easy my brother. wc
Google Adsense
Old 08-21-2012, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Jarrod, I'm so sorry about your migranes. My wife has suffered from them since I've known her (any connection? Nah!) and there seems to be not many instant cures, but what she does is as wc suggested, keep the lights off or down, noise low and take what meds the docs prescribed. I think my wife takes a pill called fiorinal, which is a combination of aspirin, butalbital and caffeine. That seems to deaden the pressure after a while, most likely caffeine and aspirin being the effective ingredients to reduce the pressure of the circulatory system in the brain areas affected. I doubt one gets rid of this condition, sometimes triggered by stress and/or food/environment, so if you can find some relief that makes it tolerable that is something, I hope.

Feel better, mate!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 36.39 MB
Thanks guys, and I do have a good doctor and meds to take care of the pain. I finally figured out how to dim my computer screen, which makes it easier to see. But, I have been thinking about the MIG I hope to build, but I don't think I will anymore. I built the fuselage, and said, "Wait a minute, why am I building this?" And then remembered that it was part of a diorama for my friends dad. I called my friend and said he'd build it if I could not. So, I gave him the model to build on his own. I probably won't get any pictures of the finished model, but I am going to build some up-scaled Rawen tanks. My buddy John Bowden (thanks John!) is re-scaling them from 1:100 to 1:60 or 1:48. When I get them through e-mail, I'm gonna build the German Maus first.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969