PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-31-2020, 09:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Actually, started with the DHC-1 Chipmunk, one of the most graceful looking trainers ariound, and looks marvelous in trainer yellow .

John
Old 03-31-2020, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 559.22 MB
DHC-5 wanted

Hello everyone

A question for the experts in the design of paper airplane models, if the DHC-4 Caribou is already designed, how hard it would be to transform it into a DHC-5 Buffalo?, I think that most of the work has already been done.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
I think Murph will take bribes to do a series of DHC planes. He has done DHC-6 and 8 and if the bribe is huge, he may be tempted to do DHC-1 thru 5 and then 7 and then 9 also. Thus, a complete DHC series.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I want to do the Buffalo. Just gathering info. I thought about modifying the Caribou, bit it's an older model, and there are a number of changes that'll be needed. New engines, new tail, possibly new landing gear, etc. Starting fresh would mean good formers, separate tabs, and a better fit of parts.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 559.22 MB
I really like to snoop around looking for line drawings, and regarding the DHC-5 Buffalo, although I still haven't achieved anything spectacular, however I know that
in Aviation News Magazine Vol 17 No 26 12-25 May 1989 contains a set of line drawings of this plane, maybe someone from England or somewhere else, who reads this message can have this number and help for this cause.

The drawings included in "Aviation News" when it had the newspaper format or in the early following magazines were fantastic
Old 03-31-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
I think Murph will take bribes to do a series of DHC planes. He has done DHC-6 and 8 and if the bribe is huge, he may be tempted to do DHC-1 thru 5 and then 7 and then 9 also. Thus, a complete DHC series.
I think DHCs 1-3 are pretty well covered, except possibly the DHC-3 Otter. That leaves just the DHC-5 Buffalo and the DHC-7 Boring Nameless Commuter Plane. I can't find any info on a DHC-9.

Wikipedia does say DeHavilland Canada was sold to Bombardier, so the DHC-9 is probably the CRJ-900 now (model in process.)
Old 03-31-2020, 09:31 PM

DHC-7 boring? Balderdash !!!!. Nameless? Say "Dash Se-wen" like my grandson learned. Lots of great schemes. I think you would be the first, a pioneer, a true explorer of things paper to make one . Just say over and over - Jeff Tweedy, Jeff Tweedy, ...

John

Last edited by yukonjohn; 03-31-2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:45 PM

I bet someone in the DH design office was thinking; "I wonder if we took the Buffalo and added two more engines, the paying public with think it is even twice as safe. I bet we could sell a ton of these". They actually sold about 1565 tons of DHC-7. Looking forward to seeing a kit some day .

John
Old 04-02-2020, 03:28 PM

Unless I'm looking at the wrong plane, the DHC-7 doesn't look anything like a Buffalo. IT looks more like they made the DHC-8 by removing 2 engines from the -7, then stretching it.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:38 PM

Yep, I think that is how they got the -8. For the -7, kind of take the wings and tail and engines of the -5, add two more engines and purdy up the fuselage and you would get the -7. That of course would be the layman's version of designing a -7 kit. Your design process would be more complex and closer to reality, and very much appreciated if you were able to get to it some day. But enough of my blathering on - have to get to some building some day.

John