PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-12-2012, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Question Lighthousemodelart - are any of the models still available from elsewhere?

[My apologies for placing this thread in 'Model Builds', but I am at a loss as to where it might go ....... and still attract the attention of folk 'in the know'.]

I note from this old Zealot thread (Planes of the CDN Designer Ken Uhrig at Lighthouse Model Art - Zealot Hobby Forum) that Lighthousemodelart used to have an RAF SE5a model by "Canadian Designer Ken Uhrig". With Lighthousemodelart having gone out of business i(2006?), does anyone know if this imodel is still available from anywhere else?

I have a fairly recent interest in the SE5a (researching the life of a WW1 RFC ace) and have acquired a couple of card SE5a models (including models by Orlik, Fiddlers Green and Ecardmodels .... and, of course, all genuine and paid for! ). I am interested in seeing if the version by Lighthousemodelart is a good one ...... but I don't know how/where to get hold of it.

Does any one here have one? Could you post or send me a couple of pics of the model, or scans of one or two of the sheets of the unbuilt model? Is this SE5a model still available elsewhere, in any form?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Aha! I think I have partially answered my own question - I have found a reference to Ken Uhrig over on Dave Winfield's forums http://cutandfold.info/cutandfoldfor....php?topic=6.0 . It looks like Dave is bringing Ken's models in to the digital age by redrawing and digitising them. I'll contact Dave direct. Fingers crossed!

And I would still be very interested in seeing any pics/scans of Ken's SE5a, built or unbuilt!
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2012, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Just to clarify, I am not doing any work with Ken Uhrig's models.
sorry
(I have replied to your email Syd)

I have never seen the SE5a so I don't know anything about it.

I do know that some of Ken's original handdrawn models are still available
for purchase as printed kits...at The Spitfire Emporium in Kitchener Ontario.

Thats about all I can offer you, sorry.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
This site claims to have the BRITISH S.E. 5a (as flown by Billy Bishop), 1:24 scale for sale at $16.95:

Amazing paper models by Ken Uhrig
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Yes, thanks to Dave for replying so quickly to my mail and clarifying the situation. A shame the project didn't work out, but then Dave has many great models at his site anyway.

Also, thanks to Rob at 'Spitfire Emporium' in Kitchener, Ontario for replying to my mail to let me know that they do have Ken Uhrig's SE5a in stock (and it appears the website page is now updated to agree with that!).

Zakopious, thanks for looking on my behalf - appreciate it!

As an aside, if anyone is looking for a really superb SE5a model, I must say that the detail in the Orlik version (1/25 scale) looks astounding, which is why I ordered one (waiting for it to arrive from Poland). It can be built as an 'exposed' display model with some of the coverings omitted, so that the interior structure is on view. Great model design , but a heck of a lot of cutting!
Attached Thumbnails
Lighthousemodelart - are any of the models still available from elsewhere?-.jpg   Lighthousemodelart - are any of the models still available from elsewhere?-b.jpg   Lighthousemodelart - are any of the models still available from elsewhere?-c.jpg  

Tags
ken uhrig, lighthouse, se5a