PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 820.35 MB
An excellent model, tell me that's the original color or repainted, a good job, the base is well thought out.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Quote:
An excellent model, tell me that's the original color or repainted, a good job, the base is well thought out.
That's the kit color, Rapidtox. The model is a scan of the original kit, and the colors have probably yellowed from the varnish they applied to the cards back in 1946 when it was published. The underside is a pale green, for instance. It was probably a robin's egg blue back in the day.

Thanks for the Kudos on the base. I wanted to really drive home that this was a vintage kit.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Beautifully done, Sir. Hope to see her in person one day.
Also sending warm wishes to you and your family praying that your mom is resting comfortably at home.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Maybe JohnM will share his build of the Catalina (hint, hint)
Not a lot of time for modelling lately Don, due to a cantankerous full size 4x4 I'm trying to get on the road before winter sets in, and some extensive rewiring needed in the house. What modelling time I do get has mostly been taken up rescaling and reworking a few caravans. 00 scale wagon wheel spokes are right pigs to cut out.

My micro-car collection has gained a couple more (they are simple half hour exercises), and I have started the PBY. Still working on the fuselage of that. With my sausage fingers the rear end was hard enough, but the nose is proving a right pain. Almost tempted to first have a practice on the full page A4 version that my printer threw out on the first print attempt. Taking it one flap at a time though, and I am getting there. Clamping tweezers and medical forceps are proving invaluable.

Best wishes to Mom.

keep on snippin'.

Johnny.