Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Good eye Aaron! I think your right......Rich
Old 05-07-2013, 07:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Just heard back from Pima regarding the WB-57:

"Hi Aaron,
The NASA WB-57 is a National Museum of the USAF asset on loan to us. we''ve had it for a long time. The reason it is in back and not on display is that the NASA WB-57 is still using it for parts and for reference. there was even some talk a few years back o potentially re-activating it, that is not likely now. However, until NASA has finished with it's program needs we are instructed to hold off on any restoration work to it. Hopefully someday soon it can get in the queue.
Best, the PASM Facebook team."
Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Well that explains it. Good to know there's a reason that it's not getting the resto love.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
The same thing happened to the WB-57F that WAS at Warner-Robbins in Georga. Two months ago it was removed from display, shipped to an undisclosed location near Denver and is being Re-activated for use by NASA.

The Pima plane is possibly donating parts to the Denver aircraft.

Interesting,

SFX
Old 03-10-2016, 01:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Great to find your model

Swampfox,

Great to discover your paper model of the WB57-F. I've been looking for one for years. Models usually run in the hundreds of dollars on eBay, so I thought i was out of luck until I found your post to this forum. I used to work on the plane's air sampling equipment during my time in Albuquerque in the late 1960s and then later in Japan. I have lots of great stories and memories from our deployments along the strategic latitudes required for air sampling missions. I think I remember some tail numbers, 286-296, but with 286 being a perennial fixer-upper.

I have never put such a model together but I have purchased the plans and printed them on card stock. Any suggestions for cutting and assembling are greatly appreciated.
Google Adsense
Old 03-13-2016, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
welcome and thanks

I just saw your post, glad you just recently posted it and haven't been waiting too long.

I too had been looking for years for a model of the R/WB-57F and finally paid
designer, Aaron Murphy, to create this one for me. He did a great job in the design. I don't design 'em, I just build 'em.

Just a suggestion, if this is your first cardmodel build, do yourself a favor and put this on the back burner. Find a simpler kit to start with and learn on that model. The Longwing is a rather large model, printed at designed scale, 1:48, and larger pieces are a bit more difficult to work with. I'm sure you'll learn the skills needed to tackle a larger model quickly, but you can also become frusrtrated more quickly also.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about any of my builds, just ask on this forum, or use the Personal mail feature if you prefer.

Welcome,
Swampfox
Old 03-16-2016, 12:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the suggestion Swampfox. I thought it looked beyond my capacity. I really just want the end product for nostalgia value. To my surprise, I have a couple of friends who put this type of model together and one may work on this for me. I've also bought a few RB-57F patches on eBay, from the old squadron days, and that has been satisfying as well.

Regards,
SGTPaper
Old 03-16-2016, 07:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
By coincidence, this article on Operation CROWFLIGHT, high-altitude RB-57 and JB-57 atmospheric sampling flights out of Australia in the 1960s has just been published by the Nautilus Institute: ATOMIC SPIES IN SOUTHERN SKIES: Operation Crowflight–United States high altitude radiological sampling in Australia 1960-1966 | Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainability

Don