PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Look,
I get a big kick out of being here, and Zealot, I've gotten models that are absolutely mind - blowing...for FREE from both sites, I've gotten inspired too, by the talent and generosity of the designers and modelers, and I really want to give something back - something I don't feel like I do enough of - I don't design models, can barely use this damn computer, and I'm not likely to do build threads due to a lack of patience ( and the fact that as a sculptor, that's all I do for clients,,,,step by step pics....ARRRRggg.) so, I figured I finally have something of worth to give everybody in both communities. I'll donate this model, but I would like it to go to both sites, so everyone can build their own giant airship and have a good time - That's what this is supposed to be about!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Everyone is free to do as they wish. If you want to share with Z then share with Z. I personally don't want to assist Z. This is not my model nor my project so I can't tell anyone what to do or not to do only what I would do myself. I appreciate any gestures towards promoting the hobby and generously use their time to provide outstanding models for those of us who could otherwise not afford this hobby. If they want to give it to them then they certainly can do so. It is just hard to forget when I was so quickly banned for a simple and polite objection. I said in my last post that my feelings don't reflect on the members of Z . I just don't like dictators. I am just old fashioned I guess I think you should respect peoples opinions not shoot them when you disagree. I completely understand those who weren't there when the "modelerside" happened you weren't the ones shot. So please follow your own consience I will respect whatever is done (not that it matters) Just try to understand that this is an open wound for some of us. I will try to keep my feelings on this to myself in the future (I think)

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Old 10-23-2012, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.32 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Modeler View Post
I am just old fashioned I guess I think you should respect peoples opinions not shoot them when you disagree.
It also happens to new folks who might be too eager. It seems that shoot first and don't bother with details is the style. Which is transparent to folks who aren't on the receiving end of nasty moderator messages.

Never the less, Hindenburg should go to both IF it can be made available. 99 percent of the folks on Z are fine folks just like here on PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I wrote to Alan Rose last Sunday to find out if he would give permission to re-work the Hindenburg. I quoted Mike's original message, and gave a link to this thread.

Alan Rose hasn't answered yet. Which is normal. Sometimes he answers immediately, and sometimes his answers takes some days to arrive.

As soon as he answers, I will let you all know.

And now:
Regarding the DC-3 being at Zealot:
A moderator from Zealot.com asked directly to Alan Rose whether the DC-3 could be hosted there.

Alan Rose himself gave them permission. So they got the unaltered files of the kit to distribute it.

If you are going to complain about that, just remember: it was Alan Rose who decided. So go complain to him if you want. After all, it is his design, his kit, and he can do whatever he wants with it. Is not your kit. You don't own it, I don't own it. It's Alan's, and he can decide where and how to show his work. Or not?

And I must say I find it sad, to say the least, to see that there have been more reactions about the DC-3 being shared at Zealot (authorized by Mr. Rose himself) than the DC-3 being illegally distributed on the well-known Russian pirate sites.

Regards.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I'm just hoping that he will allow it and that wherever he wishes it hosted, that someone will be willing to tackle the project.

I really appreciate the work done on the DC-3 and on the Tri-Motor. These are works of art that need to be protected and allowed to be dispersed to a crowd that previously had been unaware of them. Let's not let the PV vs Z nonsense get started up again.
Google Adsense
Old 10-23-2012, 01:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
n
And now:

If you are going to complain about that, just remember: it was Alan Rose who decided. So go complain to him if you want. After all, it is his design, his kit, and he can do whatever he wants with it. Is not your kit. You don't own it, I don't own it. It's Alan's, and he can decide where and how to show his work. Or not?

Regards.
I believe I made that point clear in my last post but repitition for emphasis is good

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I hope Alan Rose will allow you to work on this, I in particular would love to have one of those big boys hanging on my ceiling or in a self made display case with a nice cloud background........

Awaiting the outcome.

Luctor et emergo
Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I would definitely need to reduce the scale on it, but it would be a wonderful model to have.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I received today an answer from Alan Rose about the idea of digitally restoring the Hindenburg. Here it is:

Quote:
RM,

Thanks for the info.

I prefer to wait on the Hindenburg until we can determine what becomes of the DC-3.

It may be known that the airship model is quite difficult to construct properly.

With no offence to anyone, I personally disapprove of changing history, no matter how unpleasant. It may be irresponsible and perhaps slightly dangerous. However, the swastikas might be easily covered using a little low-tack (blue) masking tape and some dull silver spray paint.

Feel free to forward or post as you wish.

AR
Attached Thumbnails
Alan Rose Hindenburg-alan.jpg  

Old 10-24-2012, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
I have never understood people who want to change history...I know the swastikas offend some people (with VERY GOOD reason) but are there not people just as offended by the stars and bars, or the red meatball or a red star? should we just remove all markings? I think Alan is right. Now having said that PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let have the Zep.......Rich