PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-14-2009, 05:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nir View Post
I think that no one in the world had design a LAVI paper model.
So your LAVI is very unique.

If you need a pictures of the LAVI, please send me a message.
Thanks very much. i have always liked the Lavi, but the Lavi i made was not the first, but to be honest i have not made a Lavi like the ones that were built.

The long canopy single seat TD demostrator or long canopy twin seats are the real Lavis that were built.

The ones i have built are based upon artistic impressions
like this one

This artistic rendition is the closest configuration to the model i made, if you want i can show you more or less how to make a Lavi, it is not dificult basicly i have now a F-16 fore fuselage and i can make it a Lavi for you and i can show you how i make it.

Last edited by MiG-23MLD; 01-14-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 68.81 MB
J-10 fuselage

I thought to take the fuselage from the J-10 and just change the wings.
It will be interesting to try to build the single seated Lavi.
Send me a message.
Attached Thumbnails
Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-kfirwlavi.jpg  
Old 01-15-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nir View Post
I thought to take the fuselage from the J-10 and just change the wings.
It will be interesting to try to build the single seated Lavi.
Send me a message.
I will tell you that my designs are hand made so they are not always completly repeatable.

However if you want to see how i make them is okay with me.
The single seat Lavi i guess is closer to the F-16 in either version the F-16A or F-16B.

If you take an F-16 such as the ones built by Milenio or YuG you will only need to modify the wings and canards.
this is Milenio`s

this is YuG`s

basicly the Lavi was that, a F-16 look alike modernized with tail first.
the real Lavi that were built are closer to the F-16B.

It is possible you can make a J-10-F-16 hybrid and make a Lavi that way, but the only aspects you will use from the J-10 is the canards.
i can show you three of my models later a Lavi, F-16 and J-10 i have made, tomorrow i can show you that picture.

The question about modifying a kit is something i have never made since my models are hand made, but i guess you can use for example a Gripen and F-16B paper kits to make a Lavi.

However the Lavi has different wings to a Gripen, so you can use a Su-27 wing or a modified Gripen wing.

I was planning to make an F-16 so i can modify it however since i am in the process of moving it is possible i can not show it to you every day and it might take 3 weeks or a month, since sometimes i am busy.

Here i leave you a few pictures of a Su-27 i am making and you can see the process of assembly.

I guess if you want to make a Lavi my way i have to show you how i do make the cockpit and the seats and in general the wings.

i can do it but it will take some time so just more or less see the process of the assembly of this Su-27 and i promise in two days you will see the process to make the Lavi canards and inlet it is quit easy but now i just have made the fore fuselage of an F-16.

In reality i can show you how to make the Lavi`s canopy it is not difficult but the problem i faced it was relatively too small for the seat, so its shape was okay but not its proportion.

If you can get an F-16B kit i guess it will do.

But if you follow my technique you will need some off the shelf items i usually use some wrappings of some products to make the canopy, so i do not know if you can get similar wrappings but here there are many people who can tell you other techniques my techniques i will share with you no problem, but since i use specific microphone plastic wrappings i do not know if you can get a similar product.

Besides i have not finished the Su-27 Flanker but i guess this week it will be finished, so i can start the Lavi this week or next.

If you are pacient i can show you how to make a long canopy Lavi like the real ones.
But please be pacient iam quit busy now but i guess in March it will be okay
Attached Thumbnails
Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-sukhoi-flanker3.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-sukhoiflanker2.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-sukhoiflanker1.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-flanker-building1.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-flankerbuilding2.jpg  

Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-flankerbuildingwings.jpg  

Last edited by MiG-23MLD; 01-15-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:07 AM

an update on a new Sukhoi Su-27B

It is still unfinished but soon it will be ready
Attached Thumbnails
Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-new-sukhoi.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-new-sukhoi2.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-flanker-building1.jpg  

Last edited by MiG-23MLD; 01-20-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:57 AM

To me it looks feat to replicate this seemingly complicated fuselage shape without using computer. I look forward to see how you build them.
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuG View Post
To me it looks feat to replicate this seemingly complicated fuselage shape without using computer. I look forward to see how you build them.
Thanks here is one of my favorite aircraft but it is not so accurate as i would have liked

It is the Su-33KUB the naval Flanker the side by side two seats trainer, a hybrid of the Su-33 and the Su-34

Attached Thumbnails
Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-su-33kub.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-su-33kub2.jpg   Su-27 family серийных истребителей Су-27.-su-33kub4.jpg  

Last edited by MiG-23MLD; 02-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:24 AM

Saddly i have to say that i lost most of my aircraft and the remaining are most in bad shape while moving:(

The lossses are:a Tu-160, a Su-33KUB, a Hokum, a Su-27, a S-54, a G-11, a Mitsubishi F1, a Lavi, two F-111s and an F-18E.

The survivors are a Su-27, a J-10B, a F-16, a Su-24, a F-111, two Su-34s, and the Shafaq i hope i can rebuild new aircraft soon.

Possible new models are a Lavi, a Su-24 and a real Ka-50 i hope by wednesday i can start building them.
I lost them because i could not carrying them in the airplane and my friends did not care about them when i carry them.

However i can rebuild some models. I hope i can find the way to make a F-15 and a MiG-23 besides probably a new Tu-160 and a Tu-22M

Last edited by MiG-23MLD; 02-22-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:53 AM

Moving models has always been a bad experience for me. Good luck rebuilding!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
Moving models has always been a bad experience for me. Good luck rebuilding!
Thanks i hope i can build a Tu-22M or a F-15 i love those two planes