PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Flymodel C-47 Skytrain

Ahoy
This is gomix flymodel C-47 Skytrain 1/33 scale I got this kit from a good friend of mine from Poland wojtek, I obtained alot of out of print kits by flymodel from him .. As to the build I got a head start on the kit I couldn,t get any pictures out in the beginning of the build up to now due to my camera broke down and i9 had to get another. I am on the down hill slide to the build so whats left of the build is here for you fine fellas to gander at.. I will finish up the build and post a new build thread when I get my Dakota done.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0001.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0002.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0003.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0004.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0005.jpg  

Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0006.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0007.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0008.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0009.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0010.jpg  

Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0011.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0012.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0013.jpg   Flymodel C-47 Skytrain-pict0014.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
That is some build. How did you get it so glossy?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by at6 View Post
That is some build. How did you get it so glossy?
Ahoy
Thank you for your reply I used Areo gloss clear dope

Boats
Old 12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Looking mighty fine thus far Skipper - absolutely love the high gloss, really stands out on this baby. You can never have too many Daks, and this will be great when complete as is the norm from you. Merry Christmas to you
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Hey Boats! That's a mighty fine looking Skytrain. I was wondering what the lines are on the plane? On the fuselage they go in a vertical pattern. It looks like they might be brush lines from the clear gloss? Or maybe printing lines? No, it's a kit. Not that. I'm not complaining, I actually think it looks cool. Almost like wood grain from afar.

Keep up the great work!
Google Adsense
Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Great build, 2thumbs up... Does the kit have a wheel whells? if it does, could you take a pict of it please... Thank you sir.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Looking mighty fine thus far Skipper - absolutely love the high gloss, really stands out on this baby. You can never have too many Daks, and this will be great when complete as is the norm from you. Merry Christmas to you
Ahoy Grandson Peter
Thank you for your always wonderfull replies I will be posting alot of builds for the new year,, I just inherit hundreds of card kits from our great late frie3nd Ron Hall Ron40 his sister Shirle just called me this afternoon and she said she mailed me Ro0ns collections of card kits that havent been touched she quoted to me over the phone it6s coming Fedex 200lbs of card kits, My hands are rubbing with delight I dont know what to expect but i will post these when they arive. Thanks my son for your reply to you and Chez have a Merry Christmas.

Granddad Boats
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=willygoat;332330]Hey Boats! That's a mighty fine looking Skytrain. I was wondering what the lines are on the plane? On the fuselage they go in a vertical pattern. It looks like they might be brush lines from the clear gloss? Or maybe printing lines? No, it's a kit. Not that. I'm not complaining, I actually think it looks cool. Almost like wood grain from afar.

Keep up the great work![/QUOT

Ahoy Willygoat my man

Those are reinforcement panels, at first I didn,t understand why these panels were assembled to the kit, I done a little research on the web and found out why Durring the war all civillian Dc3,s were converted to skytrains and Dakotas they had stress fracture problems on the fuselage from carry heavy loads between personal and cargo by reinforceing the center section of the fuselage with external paneling done the trick, The streaking effect is weathering I done previously when the build is completed I will finish up the weathering and you will hardly notice the reinforcement paneling I am breaking all the rules from being a bonified paper purist. its all about the hobby what counts. Thanks my man and Merry Christmas to you Dear Sir.

Boats
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacrut View Post
Great build, 2thumbs up... Does the kit have a wheel whells? if it does, could you take a pict of it please... Thank you sir.
Ahoy Kacrut
Yes it does I am working on the engine nacelles as of now tommorrow I will post the pictures of the engine nacelles and the wheel wells.

Boats
Old 12-19-2012, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I had no idea about the reinforcing bands either. Cool, you taught me something new today. Thanks!
Google Adsense