PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-26-2008, 01:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Albatros L 58 NEW from BY AIR Classique

This 1920's German airliner has involved a long period of research and assistance from some expertise available though the internet.

The German Albatros L 58 airliner is certainly one of my favorite aircraft and it's form radiates an art deco sensibility and aeroplaneness that recalls cartoon aircraft and the first aircraft we may try to draw in our childhood...two intersecting elongated blobs...but there is nothing 'blobby' about this aircraft. The wings and tail remind one of the L58's origins in the fighting aircraft of WW1.

I think the windows of this aircraft are wonderful and I think the radiators are fabulous. We avoided any lateral incisions in the fuselage roof and the wing, which I am still going back for another go at, took around 18 different builds to date, but to be honest, i lost count

We are very happy with the timber texture and color and the subtle 'dimpling' on the fuselage of the plywood..
Attached Thumbnails
Albatros L 58 NEW from BY AIR Classique-albatros-l58-model.jpg   Albatros L 58 NEW from BY AIR Classique-albatros-l58-model-side.jpg   Albatros L 58 NEW from BY AIR Classique-albatros-l58-model-closeup.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-26-2008, 05:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Great models! When can we start ordering these gems? The order form on your website does not include the models..
Regards.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 PM

By Air Classique models

We will be overhauling our website when we have finished the dreaded 'instructions'. Given the VERY modest response to our designs over the years we are being pretty cautious in getting these designs into the market...as well the last couple of years have been characterised with my dealing with cancer and major operation and treatments - which hasn't helped things proceed as we would prefer.

We are about thirty percent through the instructions for 25 different 1/72 aircraft and additional to that we have 28 different Tiger moth models designed. We also have a number of airport buildings designed.

If any Paper Modeler members would like to be on our mailing list, please contact us and let us know...
Old 12-29-2008, 10:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a beautiful and historic airplane, Terry. You can count on a sale from this end when it becomes available.

I'm very sorry that work has delayed completion of my Tiger Moth, but be sure that I am following all your announcements eagerly and look forward to purchasing the models of aircraft and historic aerodrome buildings as they become available. Many thanks to you and Rosy for your contribution to memorializing the history of civil aviation in its golden age.

Don
Old 12-30-2008, 06:30 PM

Thanks Don...and don't worry about your Moth..they are 'breeding' :-) I think we are designing 'em faster than folk are making them.

One of the things I like about the Golden Age, is the exploration of form. As with all technologies things evolve and apart from liveries, a casual observer would have major trouble distinguishing between Boeings and Airbus. A kind of pervasive homogenous quality which lessens their appeal to me as a model subject.

At present we are trying to build the Albatros into a diorama...any thoughts and ideas are welcome!!
Google Adsense