PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.47 MB
Halinski 109E-7: my first halinski kit

Greetings fellow modelers,

After eons of being away...i am back! and decided a few weeks ago to be adventurous, segway into Halinski Kit..the simplest of them i am told, the Messerschmitt 109E-7

Now anyone of you might be able to relate to this: you get a Halinski Kit..look at pages then think to yourself..do you have the balls to cut this up? what if i make a mistake? oh crap!....many many tiny parts!..looks a wee bit over my head..need a magnifying glass...what the hell was i thinking..but it looked so beautiful on those Polish websites!..

So with a drink of ..ummm..refreshments..and leafing thru the pages again.. i decided to jump in.

pass the scalpel....

let us....begin.....
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 109E-7: my first halinski kit-formers.jpg  
to buy...or not to buy...damn you MAREK....damn you!!....ummm...can you make one more 1:50??
Google Adsense
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Glad to see you take the plunge! I know the feeling of that first cut! Good luck with it!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM

Clashter..sometimes we are glad when others go in and we watch..quite a different feeling when we ourself are under the proverbial gun..thanksman!..greetings from Jamaica my friend...

Then i got carried away and decided to build the cockpit floor: enter tiny parts for rudder bars and pedals and some form of vent / duct under instrument panel area (research needed to find out why, always thought there was a cannon booth there*shrug shoulders*).

then after gluing it..got carried away again doing 2 things..one: Paint flooring with a wash so it didnt look so "clean"...(just a preference)

two: curiosity got the better of me and i wanted to see how well the fuselage formers "fit"...all i can say is that Halinski fits must top em all in this regards...so what i read and hear is true..

had some spare 1/32" balsa sheet so formers were made using this..the ones with the double ** thingys..(damn it..note to self..interview persons for polish interpreter for making future models)..

anyhoo...after cutting parts out they were carefully sanded to ensure the fit either the ".5mm or1mm" required thickness..all this resulted in a beautiful fit so far..
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 109E-7: my first halinski kit-cockpit-3.jpg   Halinski 109E-7: my first halinski kit-forward-fuseage-frame-4.jpg   Halinski 109E-7: my first halinski kit-forward-fuseage-frame-2.jpg  
to buy...or not to buy...damn you MAREK....damn you!!....ummm...can you make one more 1:50??
Old 12-30-2012, 02:37 AM

me 109? from halinski? Am watching now.

that is something new with balsa instead card reinforcements... good luck with that:P not too much work with sanding it?

polish seems quite easy to learn:] (buahahahaha xD)

Cheers
Old 12-30-2012, 02:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Looks good enough to fly

Will be following this thread

Tim
Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Hetzer good to hear from you mate Balsa is sort of (emphasize sort of) easy to sand and shave down, the kit is the bf109e-7/trop according to this kit 2/2009.

Tim Crowe thanks for following, any tips you have will surely be appreciated..

Now i lack the greatest ally of paper modelers...patience so i did the "lost track of time impatience building, gluing stuff..."
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM

So the instrument panel was inserted and i decide to draw brakes...chill a bit before i continue. Halinski crew must have shares/stock in some magnifying glass company, the cut outs are so damn small!...but do it right and the results are spectacular..sorry for poor quality of pic.. toothpick is a beautiful underrated tool for forming perfect holes in the insrument panels..

yeah...this calls for some classic music, fix a sandwich..relax on my balcony and take in some sunshine..

in the mean time i need to buildup some mega patience, magnifying glass and deep breath..knobs and leavers to be done..
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 109E-7: my first halinski kit-cockpit-2bbb.jpg   Halinski 109E-7: my first halinski kit-cockpit-1b.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:59 AM

btw dont know if you can get Aviation classics magazine, current issue is all about me 109:]
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM

looking on their website right now...thanks for the info Hetzer..
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Looking good Rasta hal kits seem to pull you in its hard to stop.

Google Adsense

Tags
bf109e-7, halinski, me109e-7