PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
I'm gonna watch this one pretty closely also. My dad was a CBI pilot and was with the first group to fly over. His original plane was one of the 5 green ones, and he said that originally they had 3 bladed props that they replaced with the 4 bladed because they would kick up rocks on the runways that were being constructed in China. He eventually ended up on Tinian and from there was part of the fire raids on Japan. He was home by the time we dropped the atomic bombs.

Beard
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
i am watching out of total interest
Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparral2d View Post
This is very interesting. I have this one filed away. I might need to start this one.

Chaparral2d

Ahoy Chaparral2d
thank you for the reply this build will show you what your in for in case if you decide to start your B-29 so far everything fits well.

Boats
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
I'm gonna watch this one pretty closely also. My dad was a CBI pilot and was with the first group to fly over. His original plane was one of the 5 green ones, and he said that originally they had 3 bladed props that they replaced with the 4 bladed because they would kick up rocks on the runways that were being constructed in China. He eventually ended up on Tinian and from there was part of the fire raids on Japan. He was home by the time we dropped the atomic bombs.

Beard
Ahoy Beard
Thank you for your reply i wilkl do my sundays best on this I have the Monsoon Goon also in this scale all olive drab over Medium gray a much better kit from the Enola Gay I amagin with the three bladed proips they first came out with didn,t have much pitch but they did throw up rocks and other matter Charles Lemay done a wonderfull job in revoloutionizeing the B-29 the fire raids were very devestateing fire destroys everything. most of the Japanese houseing is all paper anyway didn,t take much......... The B-29 was one heck of an airplane it was used for anything thanks for your reply and i will do my best.

Boats
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Forming the skins

Ahoy

Here is the first update for the day on the following pictures shows the forming of the first 5 skins there are no formers per skin the onlt former is W6 the rear bulkhead former behind the pilots seats........ Here again the instructions are not clear enough you have to think things out and study it toi get into the designers mind I believe that models shouldn,t have to be built in this manner but it is what it is so it simething you have to dealt with its part of the art of card modeling......... The windows inside the pillots compartemnt has benn attached useing clear scotcg tape and light acetate the bombadiers nose will have to be prepared with the packing tape method. Next update will be the installationm of the forward skins and proceed aft. so far there were no fit issues with the metalized printing and the glossy paper tacky glue doesn,t respond well to the material so I am useing contact cement applied with a tooth pick the cardstock parts are going nowhere. Here is the update.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
GPM B-29 Superfortress 1/33 scale-pict0001.jpg   GPM B-29 Superfortress 1/33 scale-pict0002.jpg   GPM B-29 Superfortress 1/33 scale-pict0003.jpg   GPM B-29 Superfortress 1/33 scale-pict0004.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Odd you should mention it. My father's plane was the Monsoon Goon, though he said that wasn't painted on the green one. They painted Monsoon Goon and Monsoon Goon 2. The the second one was in China (676 of the 444th, 20AF) the 2 was on Tinian, same group.

Beard
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 323.80 MB
One of the most beautiful bombers EVER....someday I'll have to tackle one!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
off to a good start.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Abso-bloody-lutley fantastic start on the fuselage - can't wait to see more of this Skipper... i am quite excited about this build
YOU ARE THE MASTER BUILDER ! ONE OF PM DOT COMS FINEST !

Last edited by peter taft; 02-13-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Thought this might be of help Boats,detailed photos of Duxford's B29 Hawg Wild
Duxford Update
Google Adsense