PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 518.43 MB
ModelArt F6F-3 Hellcat

I have started to build my first card aircraft kit. I have never built a plane before so I am on a learning curve . I can build ships and buildings, so I wanted to try something new and learn some new skills. I have built Airfix plastic kits many years ago but not card ones. The beauty of card is that if you make a cock up you can print another part out. I was looking out of my study window and a Beluga flew past, see photo, so I tried to build a model of one from Bobs card models but I could not download it so I downloaded the Hellcat from another site and I decided to make it a couple of weeks ago. I am doing the easy version.
Attached Thumbnails
ModelArt F6F-3 Hellcat-p1010064.jpg   ModelArt F6F-3 Hellcat-p1010105.jpg   ModelArt F6F-3 Hellcat-p1010107.jpg   ModelArt F6F-3 Hellcat-p1010108.jpg   ModelArt F6F-3 Hellcat-p1010109.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRo View Post
I was looking out of my study window and a Beluga flew past, see photo, so I tried to build a model of one from Bobs card models but I could not download it so I downloaded the Hellcat from another site and I decided to make it a couple of weeks ago. I am doing the easy version.
Just f.y.i.,
ModelArt kits, are not offered legally for sale now, because they temporarily closed their store, and they intend to reopen it. So, the site you downloaded this ModelArt kit from, is pirate site.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 AM

OOPS !!! I am fairly new to card kits , I usually design and make my own . I thought I would make a plane for a change, At the time I downloaded several kits from several sites just to see what they were like. As I was not familiar with makes or websites I did not know pirated from genuine it was purely by chance that I decided to build the Hellcat. I would not have started this thread if I knew it was a pirated model. Seeing that it is a pirated model I shall discontinue this thread .
Bob
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Hi,
you are doing a great job on the hellcat build.
One suggestion for you is to color your cut edges with a colored
sharpie.
This will make the parts blend together better.
Good luck on your quest to find unpirated models too.
fiddlersgreen.net is probably the best site for aircraft.
They have aircraft from the dawn of aviation to modern times.
And most of them can be made to fly if you want to do that too.
Best Regards,
musicman
Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 AM

This kit was a case of try before you buy. I wanted to see what it was like to build a plane rather than spend several dollars or pounds on a kit and making a hash of it. I normally buy my kits from Freestone Models or Brumkits over here in the UK. They are mainly model railway orientated and can be found at model railway exhibitions over here. I use pastels to colour the edges , you can see a box of them by the planes wing, I ground up some of the colour and rub it in the joins with my finger. I also use it with a drop of water based matt laquer by mixing the powder in it and using it like paint.It will fill small cracks. Thanks for your tip.
Bob
Google Adsense